PDA

View Full Version : Gps

06Honda
Jul 6, 2012, 08:14 AM
I am using the original IPAD and with a rode trip this month from ontario down through the maritime's looking for opinions on a GPS app for use on my IPAD. I have never owned a GPS to date and am not sure if I will have rogers coverage during the trip so maybe one with preloaded maps that can be used offline if needed. Thanks for any info or assistance, much appreciated.

Paul

andybrown44
Jul 7, 2012, 07:50 PM
I am using the original IPAD and with a rode trip this month from ontario down through the maritime's looking for opinions on a GPS app for use on my IPAD. I have never owned a GPS to date and am not sure if I will have rogers coverage during the trip so maybe one with preloaded maps that can be used offline if needed. Thanks for any info or assistance, much appreciated.

Paul

I have TomTom and love it, it's a little pricey though!

takeshi74
Jul 7, 2012, 09:45 PM
There are countless threads on the various GPS apps that you should refer to. I personally prefer TomTom but this isn't a one-size-fits-all topic or else everyone would all use the same nav app. Navigon and other apps have locally stored map data as well.