Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
When in an app and you pull down the notification center down a bit and hold it there and try to take a screenshot, the phone just locks. However when you unlock the device, the lock screen will get whisked away with the multitasking animation

marcusj0015

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2011
U.S.A.
When in an app and you pull down the notification center down a bit and hold it there and try to take a screenshot, the phone just locks. However when you unlock the device, the lock screen will get whisked away with the multitasking animation

Sounds like a bug. Apple.com/feedback

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009

It doesn't work for me. Which app were you in? And how much do you pull the notification center down?

bax2003

Cancelled
Dec 25, 2011
My iPhone 4 on iOS 5.1.1. does not lock when i try to make screenshot, is just makes screenshot :D

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
It doesn't work for me. Which app were you in? And how much do you pull the notification center down?

I noticed it in Settings and tried different apps and they all triggered the bug. Also as long as you hold the notification center at any point in the screen it worked.

Today I got it to work once every ten times. Very strange.

[update: It seems to work more often when NC is almost at the bottom of the screen and you let slide down on its own and take a screen shot just before it touches the bottom of the screen.]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.