PDA

View Full Version : "Require password for sleep and screen saver" greyed out

silverjam
Jul 7, 2012, 01:12 AM
Since enabling FileVault 2 on my two Mac Minis and two MacBook Airs, I notice "require password for sleep and screen saver" is greyed out (can't untick it) on the MBA but not the Mini Macs. The setting is under Sys Pref>Security...>General. I can choose the time period option "Immediately, 5 mins etc" but can't untick the option even if I unlock the sys pref window.

I am wondering if Apple has defaulted this setting to force mobile macs like the MBA to have the password protect feature when using FV2 for security purposes. That is, I think Apple is forcing me to have my MBA password protected when my screen saver is used. I cannot untick it nor do I have the option of "Never".

It is definitely only on my MBAs and not the MMs. With the MMs I can untick the requirement.

Any thoughts or info on this? I don't mind running FV2 but my Macs are in a safe location (generally speaking) and I don't like to have to put in the password every time I walk away from the MBA. I think my only option is to disable the screensaver which I don't want to do.

Silver