Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Limey77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
I migrated my MobileMe account over to iCloud before June 30 and as I have two computers that don't run on Lion, I selected the Not All Devices Are Compatible option.

Everything has worked fine on both my wife's and my iPhones and on our MacBook Air running SL and MacBook Pro on Tiger. However as of around 4am GMT today none of our devices have access to mail.

I've logged into the iCloud.com site using our Apple ID and password just fine, and contacts, calendars and Find My iPhone work, but I can't access mail. It just fails to load and gives me the options of reporting it, reloading or quitting but nothing helps.

On our i devices we constantly get the message that the Apple ID or password are incorrect, but they are not. I have even been to the Apple ID site and changed the password so it is 10 characters long, has at least one capital letter and a mix of letters and numbers, but still can't get any mail.

Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks.

Limey77

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Have you tried to check the server settings, imap and smtp?

Look at this post that I made a few days ago:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1398517/

Thanks, but I have tried all of that multiple times but with no luck.

I've just finished an online chat with an Apple advisor and have been told that the server holding my account is undergoing maintenance, but since it's been going on for 16 hours or so and there's no notice on the website, I'm not sure I believe it.

Still open to any suggestions from anyone experiencing something similar.

bengi

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2011
I've just finished an online chat with an Apple advisor and have been told that the server holding my account is undergoing maintenance,.

Yes, it can be. I have tried all combinations, including weird things such as the smtp.mac.com that has worked flawlessly for a whole day...

Indeed it was the very first idea that crossed my mind: they are fixing things, that also explains why different settings work for different users.

Ben

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.