Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Power Macintosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Will the MacBook Air be able to run FCP X in a "not-annoying" speed? I'm getting one.

And what about it's gaming capabilities? Do you think it can run games (such as battlefield) without lagging at normal or low?

Power Macintosh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
I guess nobody really does use MacBook Air and Final Cut Pro X at the same time. I am the only one in the world. How surprising.

MacBook Air really is an everyday computer.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I guess nobody really does use MacBook Air and Final Cut Pro X at the same time. I am the only one in the world. How surprising.

MacBook Air really is an everyday computer.

some people use it for final cut, but hook it to a bigger screen. It is capable of handling it....you would definitely want the i7 with 8gb ram.

kiwibonds

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
Long Island, NY
Hi.

First post here for me, but since you haven't had many replies...

"Yes", I have a one-week old loaded MBA 11inch(!) and have been running fcp x on it for the past few days.

While i can't compare the speed to other macs, and I'm no editing professional, it seems to run very well. Certainly a lot better than the Vegas setup on a quad processor windows desktop i had been using.

I have a wee 4 minute clip with 68 'segments' of 1080p film (the largest being 250mb). Coupe of layers of effects, sound etc. I use a 27 inch non-thunderbolt display most of the time and the only complaint is that the fan runs non-stop once things heat up.

Editing is fast, rendering 1080p takes about 4 min. I'm impressed. Still figuring out how to do a few things like masks in FCP.

I use my MBA as my personal laptop and for Photoshop. Came from a 2010 13 inch loaded MBA whose performance blew me away with PS CS5 (many, many 21mp photos with multiple layers). Decided to go with the 11 for portability this time since the specs are similar except for battery life.

DB

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.