Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PacificBeach

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Which would you chose right now today and why? 32GB Galaxy S3 with 64GB SD-CARD or 64GB iphone 4S

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Which would you chose right now today and why? 32GB Galaxy S3 with 64GB SD-CARD or 64GB iphone 4S

Galaxy s3 all the way. Its just so ahead of the iphone right now in most ways. Even battery life. Those new 28nm snapdragon s4's really are good on battery. The 2100mah battery helps a lot too.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Anwering a question with a question...............:rolleyes:

There was no question mark at the end of my statement, and without you giving information on what you specifically are looking for in a phone, this thread is no different than the 1000 other iOS vs Android threads in this forum.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Not about GB.

Had the 64GB 4S for a few months, love it but it's S3's time to shine. I'm waiting for my 16GB Pebble Blue and 32GB Lexar microSDHDC Class 10 in the mail.

And in a few month it will be Apple again with iPhone 5. Not sure if I'm going back, Samsung hit the mark with 4.9".

RainCityMacFan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
NC
I'm tempted to try out the GS3. I hated Android before because of their clunky UI and fragmented marketplace but Jellybean and the GS3 is really enticing.

However, I feel so invested in the Apple ecosystem with the apps I've purchased and the integration with my MBP.

But if I were to be given that offer today (for free), I'd definitely pick the GS3 over the iPhone. Better hardware and bigger capacity. We should however, wait for the iP5 to make a real comparison.

RocketRed

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2012
I would get both. The best of both worlds.

But if I have to pick only one, it would be the iPhone 4s.

Although I am using Android now (NOT S3), I find the Galaxy S3 looks ugly (in my opinion, of course). The iPhone 4S looks sexier.

Also with Dropbox, Box, google docs and iCloud, you don't really need to worry about space as most smartphones are always connected online.

mbell1975

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
I sold my 4s after a few weeks but I just got an S3. I have had 8 phones over the past 3 years, this is easily the best.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Are you serious? Have you ever even touched an Android device? :rolleyes:

Yes, many times, but my anecdotal evidence doesn't mean much, so here's a response I gave to someone in the S3 thread when a few people in the thread started complaining that their favorite Android games don't work on the S3:

Furthermore, apparently EA Games and Gameloft games don't work:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...gameloft-games-dont-play-nice-us-version.html

Dead Space and Mass Effect Infiltrator will not run on the US version of the GS3.

http://forum.gameloft.com/index.php/topic,52129.msg150641.html#msg150641

well pretty much all of them!!! i tried Order and Chaos, Modern Combat 3, Dungeon Hunter 3, Men in Black 3 and Six Guns

This includes Gameloft's notable Nova 3 (currently my favorite game). I'm sure many of these issues will be fixed, if they haven't already, but it's clear framentation is still a big issue with Android, even on the S3.

You can add Real Racing 2 to that list.

And Dungeon Defenders

I've seen similar issues with photography apps, and other less intensive apps as well. So yes, he's probably referring to the apps.

404 tech junkie

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
Yes, many times, but my anecdotal evidence doesn't mean much, so here's a response I gave to someone in the S3 thread when a few people in the thread started complaining that their favorite Android games don't work on the S3:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...gameloft-games-dont-play-nice-us-version.html

This includes Gameloft's notable Nova 3 (currently my favorite game). I'm sure many of these issues will be fixed, if they haven't already, but it's clear framentation is still a big issue with Android, even on the S3.

And Dungeon Defenders

I've seen similar issues with photography apps, and other less intensive apps as well. So yes, he's probably referring to the apps.

None of those things have anything to do with the instability and it being unreliable. Again, I would like to know what instability and reliability issues the GS3 has that he is referring to.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009

And Dungeon Defenders

Your lack of comprehension is not easy to justify. Unless, of course, you're acting the fanboy role.
Having some applications and games currently not working on the platform has nothing to do with Android being unstable. Nothing. That just means developers haven't figured out how to make their applications work. And notice I've mentioned "some", not "the vast majority". I've seen a lot of crappy applications on iOS, lots, but that has nothing to do with iOS's stability.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
None of those things have anything to do with the instability and it being unreliable. Again, I would like to know what instability and reliability issues the GS3 has that he is referring to.

Hey don't ask me, I'm only guessing. Many of the apps I mentioned are available to download, but continuously crash when trying to play them, and/or are unplayable due to no sound, or a ridiculously bad frame rate, and then continuously crash. That qualifies as unstable. I guess an app that constantly crashes could also be referred to as unreliable as well.

404 tech junkie

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
Hey don't ask me, I'm only guessing. Many of the apps I mentioned are available to download, but continuously crash when trying to play them, and/or are unplayable due to no sound, or a ridiculously bad frame rate, and then continuously crash. That qualifies as unstable. I guess an app that constantly crashes could also be referred to as unreliable as well.

You and I both know an app developer not updating their app to work with a new device or new hardware doesn't mean the device is unreliable or unstable. It simply means the app needs to be updated. For example, a couple days ago the game Mass Effect was updated. Previously it didn't work, and now it does. Games needing to be updated has nothing to do with a phone being reliable and how stable it is. I still would like to hear this guy explain himself. I'd love to hear this one lol.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
You and I both know an app developer not updating their app to work with a new device or new hardware doesn't mean the device is unreliable or unstable. It simply means the app needs to be updated. For example, a couple days ago the game Mass Effect was updated. Previously it didn't work, and now it does. Games needing to be updated has nothing to do with a phone being reliable and how stable it is. I still would like to hear this guy explain himself. I'd love to hear this one lol.

Since getting my s3, Asphalt 5, Backstab, N.O.V.A. 2 and Modern Combat 2 & 3 have been updated to work on my S3.

As far as app compatibility goes, I'm still using apps I bought on my HTC Hero in 2009 on my current S3. It really hasn't been a problem for me thus far.

404 tech junkie

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2012
Since getting my s3, Asphalt 5, Backstab, N.O.V.A. 2 and Modern Combat 2 & 3 have been updated to work on my S3.

As far as app compatibility goes, I'm still using apps I bought on my HTC Hero in 2009 on my current S3. It really hasn't been a problem for me thus far.

Apparently the issue is primarily with Gameloft games. They just have to update them to work with the GS3. I'm sure they will soon enough, just as they have already done with some of their titles. I haven't had any issues at all with app compatibility thus far.

mackinmike

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2012
Gs3 without a doubt..superfast phone with lte.....phone4s is old tech..no lte, small screen....with ip5 around the corner why waste ur time with the 4s.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Choosing a smartphone for its storage size? That's new.:confused:

I would wait for the new iphone and decide what to get. It all depends what you are looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.