Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camac

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2012
Nice. I thought people agreed a while ago though that the SD card slot was basically an internal USB and would continuously draw power? I hope I'm wrong on this.

Greg M

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
Nice. I thought people agreed a while ago though that the SD card slot was basically an internal USB and would continuously draw power? I hope I'm wrong on this.

Don't know about the new MBA but the retina's SD slot is not USB but sata II speed capable.

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Those are usually dirt slow compared to the 450MB/sec of the built in SSD.

juuuice

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2010
if you just want some extra space to store movies on for a trip or regular data then it would easily be plenty fast.

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
As if the people who they aim for will remove the card. This product is meant to be low profile so you can leave the card in and don't have to remove it. If you want to remove it frequently than this clearly isn't meant for you. You need to stick to the standard sd cards that stick out and therefore are easy to remove. Using a paperclip is a very good idea if you want to remove it occasionally since nearly everybody has access to them.

DaDalle

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2011
It's not sold out. Scroll down the page a little bit and you'll see that only the first 25 sold for $25. You can still buy it for $30.

Yeah but the delivery date is also in November, like the 25$ ones

Glockron

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2012
This looks amazing. Just backed it to get one when they launch :)
Here comes an extra 64 gigs of Class 10 storage ;)

riveting

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
It is just a micro SD card adapter, guys, good idea, though and I bet it will be be like a dollar or two on ebay soon once everybody follows the idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.