PDA

View Full Version : Lost imovie file from ipad

madoka
Jul 8, 2012, 09:25 PM
created an iMovie project on my iPad2. I've backed up my iPad2 after making the project, but the pictures were imported from my friends computer. To put another wrench in this problem, I imported new photos from another computer, thereby "deleting" the imported photos from my friends computer used in my iMovie. I can't even open iMovie now.

Question 1: Are the imported photos/video clips from my friends computer saved when I backed up my iPad?

Question 2: If the imported photos/video clips are not saved in iPhoto, are they saved as part of iMovie when I backed up my iPad? (do the original photo/video clips need to be in iPhoto or do they reside in both applications?)

Question 3: I need to update my iMovie and iOS5 on my iPad. Will updating and restoring the iPad back to the last back-up bring back my lost project?

Help! What should I do?

Menneisyys2
Jul 9, 2012, 02:34 AM
created an iMovie project on my iPad2. I've backed up my iPad2 after making the project, but the pictures were imported from my friends computer. To put another wrench in this problem, I imported new photos from another computer, thereby "deleting" the imported photos from my friends computer used in my iMovie. I can't even open iMovie now.

Question 1: Are the imported photos/video clips from my friends computer saved when I backed up my iPad?

Question 2: If the imported photos/video clips are not saved in iPhoto, are they saved as part of iMovie when I backed up my iPad? (do the original photo/video clips need to be in iPhoto or do they reside in both applications?)

Question 3: I need to update my iMovie and iOS5 on my iPad. Will updating and restoring the iPad back to the last back-up bring back my lost project?

Help! What should I do?

Generally, iMovie doesn't physically duplicate source videos. HOWEVER! I've seen cases (see for example https://discussions.apple.com/message/18791562?ac_cid=tw123456#18791562 ) when you WILL find the source movie files under Apps / iMovie / Library / Application Support / Documents / <Name of project> / Movies.