Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samywamy10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Hi all,
here is my PC and desk setup. Let me know what you think of my choice of components, as well as how the desk is arranged. In about a week I'm moving in to a new room where I can finally add the 3rd HP 2311f (the monitors in the video) and run EYEFINITY :D!

Specs:
  • Intel 3930k
  • Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
  • AMD HD Radeon 7950
  • Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced NVidia edition (with USB 3)
  • Corsair HX-850
  • Corsair H100
  • 2x 120gb Agility 3
  • AVerMedia Game Broadcaster HD

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Nice machine! When I built my computer a couple of years back I also went with a Gigabyte board. Planning on using it solely as a Windows machine or are you thinking of turning it into a hackintosh?

samywamy10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Nice machine! When I built my computer a couple of years back I also went with a Gigabyte board. Planning on using it solely as a Windows machine or are you thinking of turning it into a hackintosh?

I'd like to dual boot OS X, but from what I've read, I need to get another hard drive. It's also an X79 board (so no easy way), but I've read about builds which run OS X, so it's possible.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
I'd like to dual boot OS X, but from what I've read, I need to get another hard drive. It's also an X79 board (so no easy way), but I've read about builds which run OS X, so it's possible.
Fair enough. It's possible with only one drive, just harder, and much less recommended.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.