Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
Moscow, ID (No Kremlin here!)
I'm looking into purchasing this digital voice recorder for the purpose of capturing lectures during the coming semester. The problem is it (of course) only comes with pc software. Does anyone know of a program for mac that can pull audio from a digital voice recorder?
It would be a great help!

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
I don't know about that particular model but I've got a couple one that is not only windows only but in Sony's proprietry format the other only has windows software but is USB and records to .wav files. I've not tested it with a Mac but I assume it would be seen as USB storage and the .wav files could be transferred.

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
mpw said:
I don't know about that particular model but I've got a couple one that is not only windows only but in Sony's proprietry format the other only has windows software but is USB and records to .wav files. I've not tested it with a Mac but I assume it would be seen as USB storage and the .wav files could be transferred.

This may be... I tried one voice recorder-my girlfriend's-and it only appeared in system profiler. I wasn't able to mount it or anything, but maybe I need to try again.

Thanks for the help, mpw!

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
I use an oldish voice recorder and then just use the line-in and sound studio. That works fine for me, and then I can import it into iTunes etc...

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
Richard Youden said:
I use an oldish voice recorder and then just use the line-in and sound studio. That works fine for me, and then I can import it into iTunes etc...

That sounds very plausible, Mr. Youden. I must ask though :eek:, what exactly do you use for the line-in set up?

The answer to this is probably incredibly simple, but I didn't know...

chucknorris

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2005
chucknorris said:
That sounds very plausible, Mr. Youden. I must ask though :eek:, what exactly do you use for the line-in set up?

The answer to this is probably incredibly simple, but I didn't know...

Richard Youden said:

Little help?

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
chucknorris said:
I'm looking into purchasing this digital voice recorder for the purpose of capturing lectures during the coming semester. The problem is it (of course) only comes with pc software. Does anyone know of a program for mac that can pull audio from a digital voice recorder?
It would be a great help!

Sorry for the late reply, I know many Olympus Digital Voice Recorders are Mac compatiable.
See these models: DS-2; DM-10; DM-20

Amazon has good reviews

vdshowell

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2007
Alabama
Sony ICD-P28 Voice Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucknorris
Can anybody tell me how to use the line-in on a PowerBook to copy audio from a voice recorder?
---------------------------------

I'm desperately seeking a way to capture/record audio from a Sony ICD digital voice recorder onto my iMac G4 Core Duo. The audio files won't download onto the Windows PC but they play on the recorder. Someone said there might be a way to plug it into the iMac via the recorder's headphone port and capture the audio using Apple's recording capabilities. I'm scared to death of losing this recording of my father's memorial service...

Appreciate any ideas...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.