Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hi all
I really don't know where this has vanished to. However my download icon, which used to be next to (or near the) google search box on the toolbar of safari has vanished. I really don't know where it has got to. I have tried to click on customise toolbar, but I do not see the download icon in there.

When I download something, it briefly appears on the toolbar, then vanishes again. So therefore I have to open up downloaded items through finder, as its got a download icon on the left hand side of finder under Favourites.

Can anyone help?

thanks

abz

natd1993

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Great Britain
Hi all
When I download something, it briefly appears on the toolbar, then vanishes again. So therefore I have to open up downloaded items through finder, as its got a download icon on the left hand side of finder under Favourites.
abz

I think it's a matter of going to the Safari preference pane, and under the 'General Tab' selecting the 'Manually' option in the 'Remove download list items' box. Hope this helps.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Hi

thanks I have done this. will see how I get on, and if it comes back. But my understanding the icon was always showing, weather I downloaded something or i didn't. At the moment, its not showing yet, after I done what you suggested.

natd1993

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
Great Britain
Hi

thanks I have done this. will see how I get on, and if it comes back. But my understanding the icon was always showing, weather I downloaded something or i didn't. At the moment, its not showing yet, after I done what you suggested.

Have you downloaded something since changing the setting?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.