Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rg1980

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Anyone noticing that Safari is slower in ML compared to Lion. I installed ML GM without doing a clean install and I'm wondering if that may be the culprit.

kingy04

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2010
Safari 6 is lightning fast for me :p did a fresh install tho

cant open vuze when i download it tho it says installer corrupt.. anyone else getting this?

cecoleman

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
I noticed it doesn't pick up where I left off once I close it and reopen it? Anyone else notice this? It always opens on my main start page ...never with any of my previously open tabs.

austinguy23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
Wirelessly posted

Has anyone benchmarked Safari 6 on ML yet to see if it's faster than Chrome's latest offering for ML?

Mosco

macrumors regular
May 26, 2002
Seems fine to me.

I just noticed that it now supports HTML5 notification API. Gmail email now shows up in notification center if you have safari open. About time.

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
It should be faster, if your referring to the speed the browser renders pages. Try disabling extensions and see if this helps. If so, try to disable extensions individually in case one is the culprit. If not, try flushing the Safari cache or maybe even try the "Reset Safari" option.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
Safari on ML is insanely fast for me on my base RMBP and on a 25mbps fiber optic connection. Not stating stats to be pompous and brag but to point out it isn't Safari that's the problem.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Safari is MUCH MUCH faster for me. I was going to switch to Chrome but DANG Safari got so much better. Only issue I have is the pinch to see tabs is super laggy for me.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
It works if you turn off Gatekeeper. Having said that, Gatekeeper shouldn't be reporting that it's corrupt!

Gatekeeper does this a lot actually... it will tell you there is something wrong with the app and it needs to be deleted and give you the option to delete... turn off Gatekeeper (or use Right click and "open") and the app runs fine.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Gatekeeper does this a lot actually... it will tell you there is something wrong with the app and it needs to be deleted and give you the option to delete... turn off Gatekeeper (or use Right click and "open") and the app runs fine.

Right-click and Open didn't work, at least for Vuze. I turned off Gatekeeper in a previous build when trying to run an older app and never turned it back on, so I wasn't aware that it was causing trouble with so many apps.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
Right-click and Open didn't work, at least for Vuze. I turned off Gatekeeper in a previous build when trying to run an older app and never turned it back on, so I wasn't aware that it was causing trouble with so many apps.

you never know whats gong to happen. Sometimes I've gotten the "you downloaded this from the internet" message just like 10.7 gets... on completely unsigned software ( I know was unsigned because it was mine)... so who knows what will happen, I find the whole thing very buggy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.