Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steadmuffin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
I want to up the ram at some point on the 12" iBook I just ordered, and this ram looks particulary pleasing. Nice and cheap. Anyone know if it is compatible?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=504478&Tab=2&NoMapp=0
note: all prices in Canadian dollars.

SimpleTech 512MB PC2700 DDR 333MHz SODIMM Memory
Memory Module Specifications

Memory Size
512MB

Memory Speed
333MHz PC2700

Memory CAS Latency

Memory Type
DDR-SODIMM

Pins

I'm not going with Crucial because the ram they recommend is a lot more expensive. I live in Canada and therefore have to pay the hefty exchange rate.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
All the specifications match. There is no reason to believe it won't work. I'm sure you'll be enjoying a speedier iBook soon. Enjoy.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
It's impossible to say whether this RAM has the SPD settings correct for Macintosh compatibility.

I recommend that you choose your RAM from a dealer who tests and guarantees Mac compatibility in writing. You may pay a bit more, but compared to PC Generic RAM that may need to be sent back if it doesn't work you'll save time, trouble and shipping charges and/or restocking charges.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
powerbook911 said:
All the specifications match. There is no reason to believe it won't work. I'm sure you'll be enjoying a speedier iBook soon. Enjoy.
I agree. But...I don't see a Mac guarantee. Thus, you are on your own.

Steadmuffin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
CanadaRAM said:
It's impossible to say whether this RAM has the SPD settings correct for Macintosh compatibility.

I recommend that you choose your RAM from a dealer who tests and guarantees Mac compatibility in writing. You may pay a bit more, but compared to PC Generic RAM that may need to be sent back if it doesn't work you'll save time, trouble and shipping charges and/or restocking charges.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

Would you suggest buying from, say, CanadaRAM.com? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.