Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2008
No, this is not another question about why Facebook is missing.

I've installed the Facebook integration dmg and it seems to work fine, apart from the fact that it won't seem to sync birthdays to Calendar.

Previously on DP4 it would automatically sync both calendar and contacts once I added a Facebook account, but now it's only adding contacts. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
Where on the developer site did you find the DMG? I did a search for "Facebook" but nothing showed up.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2008
Where on the developer site did you find the DMG? I did a search for "Facebook" but nothing showed up.

I couldn't find it either. I just used the DMG I had for the Developer Preview and that's working just fine (apart from the fact that Calendar is no longer syncing).

I notice that it no longer mentions calendar synching when adding a Facebook account- maybe they decided to remove that function? It's not mentioned on Apple's blurb about Facebook integration either (anymore? I'm not sure if it previously mentioned that)

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
I couldn't find it either. I just used the DMG I had for the Developer Preview and that's working just fine (apart from the fact that Calendar is no longer syncing).

I notice that it no longer mentions calendar synching when adding a Facebook account- maybe they decided to remove that function? It's not mentioned on Apple's blurb about Facebook integration either (anymore? I'm not sure if it previously mentioned that)

I've actually not seen any mention of Calendar syncing with Facebook on the OS X side. It works amazingly in iOS 6, but sadly I haven't seen a single sign, mention, or feature list with Facebook Calendar syncing for OS X itself. :(

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 9, 2008
I've actually not seen any mention of Calendar syncing with Facebook on the OS X side. It works amazingly in iOS 6, but sadly I haven't seen a single sign, mention, or feature list with Facebook Calendar syncing for OS X itself. :(

Well, I can at least say for sure that it was there in DP4. Using the same Facebook Integration package, it's no longer there in the GM. Very strange and slightly disappointing.

Good to know I'm not missing something though.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Well, I can at least say for sure that it was there in DP4. Using the same Facebook Integration package, it's no longer there in the GM. Very strange and slightly disappointing.

Good to know I'm not missing something though.

I never had that as an option in DP4 :confused:

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
Did that come in the DP4 download from the MAS? I never saw that when I ran the DP4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.