PDA

View Full Version : Finder View Options Reset on Reboot

strausd
Jul 11, 2012, 09:14 AM
Hi, I am running 10.7.4. In my Finder view options, the settings reset on every reboot. The one I am most concerned about is the "Show preview column" check box. But for whatever reason when either of my computers boot up, I have to go back in and re-check it each time. Does anybody know why?

GGJstudios
Jul 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
Finder is notorious for not remembering default settings. I've never seen a resolution to this issue.

strausd
Jul 11, 2012, 09:35 PM
Ya it is getting really annoying. By any chance do you know if something like this could be mapped to a keyboard shortcut? My guess is that if not, I could use Automator's "Watch me do" to have it as a one click application then use some sort of third party app to open the application with a single keyboard shortcut. But it is really just too much of a hassle for something that should work from the beginning.

GGJstudios
Jul 12, 2012, 02:00 AM
Ya it is getting really annoying. By any chance do you know if something like this could be mapped to a keyboard shortcut? My guess is that if not, I could use Automator's "Watch me do" to have it as a one click application then use some sort of third party app to open the application with a single keyboard shortcut. But it is really just too much of a hassle for something that should work from the beginning.
As the check boxes do not appear on any menu as commands, it can't be achieved by the custom keyboard shortcuts. I know of no other way to accomplish what you want.