PDA

View Full Version : InDesign CS6 "Find Font..." issue

calalally
Jul 11, 2012, 12:07 PM
I'm running InDesign6 on OS 10.7.4

I have Gotham (T1) typeface installed on my computer. When I open a document that was built on another machine using Gotham (OTF) typeface, I used to be able to just open "Find Font", select the missing Gotham (OTF) font and select my corresponding (T1) version of each font from the dropdown menu and hit "Change All" and that was that. Now that I have upgraded to CS6, when I try to do this, everything works fine, I am able to select my Gotham (T1) fonts from the dropdown menu, but when I hit "Change All".... nothing happens.

If I select ANY other font from the list, it will work, but not Gotham. If I continue to repeatedly hit "Change All" it eventually starts to just delete chunks of text. ... Wtf?

All I can do is go through the document and manually select each iteration of the missing Gotham (OTF) and replace it with Gotham (T1) from the Character drop-down menu. This is insanity and I can not do it every time I open a document that uses Gotham (OTF). All I can think else to do would be to have multiple versions of Gotham installed on my computer, but that seems like it would be cumbersome. Or is that just the only thing to do?

Please halp most of the documents I handle lately contain Gotham and I really need to work.

----------

I tried to get on the Adobe Forums, but it won't allow me to log in for some reason, so I called them and went through their little automated system and waited on hold for about 10 minutes and was then promptly.. hung up on.

PixelFactory
Jul 12, 2012, 04:35 PM
Are you using style sheets? If so, there is a checkbox at the bottom to redefine the font into your style sheets. Otherwise it will revert back to a default font.