PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Do Anything Wild?

Six
Jan 14, 2002, 04:03 PM
I'm bored, so I thought I'd entertain myself by starting a new thread.. Anyone ever done any wild or unique upgrades? Like a while back MacAddict did an article about "Turning your old computer in to a nitroburing funny mac" They did some pretty cool stuff. Anyone?

Ensign Paris
Jan 14, 2002, 04:32 PM
Me and a friend once traveled to Wales (Apple not there now :() and tried to get in to see new macs (before MYNY2001) but we failed misribly!

eyelikeart
Jan 14, 2002, 04:36 PM
well this one time....at band camp... :eek:

mischief
Jan 14, 2002, 04:41 PM
A soon as I get some time I'm gonna rack mount a Rev B iMac carcus with a Voodoo2 card and a Harmoni processor upgrade in an SGI "Predator" rack. If I can get a new LCD iMac I'll add my Rev D and another Harmoni. I think it'd be neat to have 2 iMac 466's with 512, real monitors, 2 hard drives each, FW and enough video RAM on one of them to be useful. I could move to working at home and put in a pair of expansion chassis' for my G4 sawtooth. Talk about "FrankenMac"!!:D :cool:

Interiority
Jan 14, 2002, 04:43 PM
When were Apple in Wales?

Given that I'm working in sunny Prestatyn at the moment, maybe my purchasing a TiBook would rectify the situation??

Beej
Jan 14, 2002, 04:57 PM
I don't know that you'd call this wild...

I've got a super bright blue LED that lights up the Apple on the front of my G4, and two more that sit inside the front top clear handle and make it glow wicked blue - it looks amazing.

Yeah, not real wild, but I felt wild while I was doing it - you know, brand new mac, in bits, drill...

Hemingray
Jan 14, 2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
well this one time....at band camp... :eek:

LOL! :D

748s
Jan 14, 2002, 08:08 PM
when i get the time........a water cooling system, with the pumps and refrigeration unit at least 100 metres away. that fan (G4 867) is making me deaf.