PDA

View Full Version : iSight camera doesn't work after Lion update?

ImperialX
Jul 12, 2012, 07:13 PM
So here's the story: my mother recently updated her 2007 MacBook to OS X 10.7 because she wanted iCloud to sync with her iPhone. However, upon updating, she found that her iSight camera will often stop working. I have attached a screenshot of what she sees when FaceTime starts while the camera is failing.

She would restart her MacBook, and it would start to work again. Then after a few hours, and sometimes in a day or two it would fail again until she restarts. This is really problematic because when she receives FaceTime calls, she can't answer them without restarting sometimes.

I've tried reinstalling the OS from the recovery partition, resetting the System Management Controller and also resetting the PRAM. None of those fixed the problem. Does anyone have an idea what to do? Anything is much appreciated! Thanks a ton!

Badrottie
Jul 13, 2012, 03:38 AM
That is strange..I have same model as yours except with 4GB memory and Lion 10.7.4 FaceTime worked great for me.
Maybe you can take it to Apple store and have them look at it?

stephen1108
Aug 8, 2012, 11:17 PM
I have this SAME exact issue too, but with a 2010 13 inch base model and Mountain Lion. IDK what to do, and it's driving me crazy because the camera works after a reboot, but stops working soon after.

ImperialX
Aug 8, 2012, 11:21 PM
That is strange..I have same model as yours except with 4GB memory and Lion 10.7.4 FaceTime worked great for me.
Maybe you can take it to Apple store and have them look at it?

I would take it back, but my mother lives in New Zealand and there are no Apple Stores there. If she were in Australia I would have booked a Genius Bar appointment already.

I have this SAME exact issue too, but with a 2010 13 inch base model. IDK what to do, and it's driving me crazy because the camera works after a reboot, but stops working soon after.

Yeah, this is just so annoying isn't it? Since you have the same issue, maybe it's a software thing? I hope someone knows a fix...