PDA

View Full Version : 2nd hand purchase off macbook pro 13.3

coolpsycho
Jul 13, 2012, 10:19 AM
Yestarday i purchased a macbook pro from dezembre of 2011, all seems to work fine like all macs but there is several issues concerning me. It happens that it brought no system dvd and there is this user web page where the guy has more then 13gb in any visible file, its a lot of space so with this i downloaded houdini to see what files were hidden and it happens again that i can't erase none and also there is no directory with such a value of gb in it. What can i do to erase this disk space? Should i buy the new system of mountain lion and try to erase everything? Or is it easy to format and install a new system on mac?

charlituna
Jul 15, 2012, 02:08 PM
Yestarday i purchased a macbook pro from dezembre of 2011, all seems to work fine like all macs but there is several issues concerning me. It happens that it brought no system dvd

Machines that came with Lion don't have a system disk or an app install disk because you can boot to the recovery partition and download the installer for Lion to reinstall and then get your apps off the app store.

What can i do to erase this disk space?

boot into the recovery partition and erase the disk and reinstall. that should fix the issue. Unless the space you are missing IS the recovery partition. If so there is nothing you can do to recover that.