Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pad07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
While it's excellent Apple are including audience selectors for its Facebook integration, it needs to go further because one simple missing feature is PREVENTING me from using it.

The way I control most of my privacy on Facebook is through excluding certain lists, rather than including them. What the Facebook app does is remember your last setting (mine is Friends except Work and Family for most updates).

We need this to be an option in iOS. Even better, having a "Custom" option where you can choose to share to multiple lists, or exclude lists, would be amazing.

I would then use the feature instead of the Facebook site, it would be amazingly useful.

Tubamajuba

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2011
here
I completely agree. I refuse to use the Facebook integration until iOS respects the same set of privacy settings that the website itself does.

I'm not upset about it nor is it a big deal, but it's just annoying enough to keep me from using it.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
I was just reviewing my Facebook privacy settings on the website and Facebook actually has a setting than you can choose/change for apps that don't give you the custom list options. So you can set that to something other than just friends. A good alternative for now but they do need to give you the custom list options in the iOS6 integration.

pad07

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2007
I was just reviewing my Facebook privacy settings on the website and Facebook actually has a setting than you can choose/change for apps that don't give you the custom list options. So you can set that to something other than just friends. A good alternative for now but they do need to give you the custom list options in the iOS6 integration.

Interesting, where does one find this feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.