Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vefme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
This must be a common thread and I hope I am not repeating anything, but for the life of me I can not solve this problem.

I want to change to the key map and shortcuts while in windows. When I click command, I don't want the windows startup to pop up. When I press f1 I don't want the brightness to down.

I know that you can find all the shortcuts here, http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1220, but I don't want to press fn+f1, I just want to press f1. I'd like to change ctrl+w to command+w. etc.

Also, in Windows, is there a way to have a single touch on the trackpad act as a click, as I can do in Lion?

All of the help on matters like this I've found come from 2008-2010 and still talk about the "system tray" and "bootcamp control panel" which I can't seem to find on Lion, which I just got.

Can someone help with this?

tillsbury

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2007
When you say "In windows"" where are you. In bootcamp? The trackpad is on the bootcamp control panel and you can change how things work there, including tap for click, two-finger tap for right-click, scroll, whatever. You can't do the three and four-finger gestures from OSX but the usual stuff is fine. I don't know why people say the trackpad is rubbish in Windows 7, it's just the same as the OSX one near as makes no difference.

The keyboard switch whether function keys are function keys (switching on and off the Fn button requirement) is also on the bootcamp control panel.

You can find it by clicking on the up-arrow at the left of the notification area (bottom right of the screen), and clicking on the black square bootcamp icon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.