Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skorada123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
I own an early 2008 white MacBook (4,1). System Information seems to show the MacBook runs 64-bit extensions, however, the graphics card is a GMA x3100.

I tried following the same guide as DP1 to workaround the restrictions Apple has on compatibility for GM. When I try to load from the USB with the ML installer, I get a no entry sign. Does anyone else have this problem (or know another workaround?) :confused:

This machine runs Lion fine... don't really get why it's no longer supported by Apple.

Dewroo

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
Tilton, NH.
I own an early 2008 white MacBook (4,1). System Information seems to show the MacBook runs 64-bit extensions, however, the graphics card is a GMA x3100.

I tried following the same guide as DP1 to workaround the restrictions Apple has on compatibility for GM. When I try to load from the USB with the ML installer, I get a no entry sign. Does anyone else have this problem (or know another workaround?) :confused:

This machine runs Lion fine... don't really get why it's no longer supported by Apple.

Don't you have to side-load lion drivers?

skorada123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
Don't you have to side-load lion drivers?

Yeah, I've heard that you do. I haven't been able to get to that step yet, though.

Because Lion and ML have different system reqs. Just like Lion and SL, and SL and Leopard, and Leopard and Tiger...

I understand this, but those who seemed to get DP1 installed said it seemed to run smoothly (after all necessary drivers and extensions were installed, anyways).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.