Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
Can anybody recommend a decent extended charging cable for my iPad? My outlet is just out of reach, so I can't use my iPad in bed while it charges. I've looked around the Internet and have seen a few, but every single one I have seen has negative reviews stating that it is cheap and breaks in a day. It doesn't even need to be capable of syncing, as long as it can charge i'll be happy.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
The nearest plug to my bed is behind the bed and is hard to get to and too far to reach. I use an extension cord. Well, actually I use a surge protector that is about 3' long and accommodates 3 devices. I have my iPad cube and my phone cube both plugged into it so both are on my nightstand.

Redjericho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
Just buy a USB extender. Monoprice.com has them for under a buck. I've got several and they've lasted for years. Haven't had one fray or stop working yet which I can't say for Apple's $20 cables.

Awesome, thanks a bunch, would not have thought of it myself :) And what a steal, only $0.85!

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Lots of USB extension cables result in substantial power loss which affects charging times.

If you unsnap the plug itself from your Apple charger - you can plug in a 2-pin non polarized power cord like the style used in a slimline Playstation, Nikon battery charger, ect...

That way, it's cheap, AND you get to keep the charging times you have now.

Free shipping on this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Cblwhl-Power-...9323&sr=8-1&keywords=non+polarized+power+cord

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.