PDA

View Full Version : Airplay and work at the same time

woodztream
Jul 16, 2012, 06:38 AM
Will I be able to use Airplay from my iMac to ATV for watching a movie and still be able to work on the iMac? Say if my girlfriend wants to watch a movie and I need to work.

Cheers / Micke

JohnDoe98
Jul 16, 2012, 06:49 AM
Will I be able to use Airplay from my iMac to ATV for watching a movie and still be able to work on the iMac? Say if my girlfriend wants to watch a movie and I need to work.

Cheers / Micke

No, it mirrors the screen. If you want to stream a movie, just use the Airplay features in iTunes.

Crzyrio
Jul 16, 2012, 08:11 AM
No, it mirrors the screen. If you want to stream a movie, just use the Airplay features in iTunes.

That means we will have to have the movie in the right format :P

JohnDoe98
Jul 16, 2012, 08:17 AM
That means we will have to have the movie in the right format :P

Right. I admit it would be nice to have an option to use the Airplay feature as an external display rather than only as a Mirror, but it's much better than what we had before.

jameshogg
Jul 16, 2012, 05:15 PM
I thought you could already do that with Lion, I know, just having got an :apple: TV, that you can do it. You don't use mirroring just airplay, when you play the movie in iTunes just click on the :apple:TV then you can do whatever you want on you mac and the movie plays away to itself on your telly.