PDA

View Full Version : Desktop ipad app

lloose
Jul 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
I have my ipad on my desk and I am looking for a good app to keep running on it while its on my desk. Something like an info center with weather and the time, or maybe a pictureframe app that goes through my pictures. Ideally I would want it to stay running while its on my desk without having to worry about it dimming or auto-locking.

Any suggestions?

----------

Whoops, may have posted a second too soon. I just found Living Earth HD and have it running. Pretty cool. Any other suggestions?

aPple nErd
Jul 16, 2012, 07:02 PM
go to settings and then general then auto lock, then set it o never. now it will never lock unless you press the sleep button

Ashwood11
Jul 16, 2012, 08:03 PM
The Settings App has "Picture Frame" built into iOS.

tekboi
Jul 17, 2012, 03:07 AM
I personally use the weather+ app. It's nice, but make sure you charge while using it.

Dekard
Jul 17, 2012, 02:55 PM
I use this for my alarm at night and also on my ipad during the day..

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magic-window-living-pictures/id366754824?mt=8

dancj
Jul 17, 2012, 03:53 PM
go to settings and then general then auto lock, then set it o never. now it will never lock unless you press the sleep button
It's an odd omission on the iPhone and iPad that there's no option to have it so it'll only auto-lock when it's not connected to power.

This is something my old Windows Mobile devices used to do - and seems quite obvious to me.