PDA

View Full Version : [Resolved] Imac and Onkyo HDMI

Macman45
Jul 16, 2012, 10:17 PM
I currently have my iMac connected to my Sony Bravia TV via a mini display port adaptor...This works fine, and I also swap it over for my MBP and MBA from time to time. Question is, I have just installed a new Onkyo cinema system, and have plugged my devices into that rather than the TV itself...The only device using a TV port is my ATV, but I may move that over too.

Has anybody plugged the HDMI feed into an Onkyo? If so, hows the quality of the picture and sound? I currently have my 3D Blu-Ray player, HDD recorder attached to HDMI1 and HDMI2 respectively...I'm guessing that the ATV could be plugged into either of the remaining ports, and the same goes for my Macs?

musio
Jul 17, 2012, 03:03 PM
Your question is a little confusing but I've got everything plugged into mine and it's great. Some of the bette onkyo models do some nice image processing to make things look better. Your receiver should be the hub of your home entertainment centre

Macman45
Jul 17, 2012, 11:58 PM
Your question is a little confusing but I've got everything plugged into mine and it's great. Some of the bette onkyo models do some nice image processing to make things look better. Your receiver should be the hub of your home entertainment centre

So you use it for your Macs as well..? That was my (rather confusing) question really.

musio
Jul 18, 2012, 01:32 AM
Not macs just apple tv. I guess you could use your macs but why if you have an apple tv? The simplicity is so great for movie time :)