Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAddict

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
Boulder, CO
What i think would be great to go along with the new G4s or G5s or whatever new tower is going to come out is if apple released an LCD that was like the new iMacs that has a swivel and superthin screen. That would totally make me get a tower rather than the iMac because the only thing that was leaning me to the iMac was it's fantastic design and coolness.
What do you guys think?:cool:

gandalf55

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2001
boston
i don't get the swivel part. and with a Tower (a Pro machine), i would like to be able to add monitors of my choosing if possible. sure a cinema display would be nice ;) if someday i could afford one. i know my desk would welcome a lot less weight and a lot more beauty!

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
I could see a cinema display with a swivel arm in the future. Maybe designed to have a pure white case with a chrome apple as the final part of the Apple product revamp.

Phaedrus

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2002
Ohio
Powerdome

Here's my two cents. I'd like to see the new powermac in a dome shape like its little imac counterpart. A dome large enough to house PCI cards (though not attached to a monitor). I have always thought that towers look like small, prosaic, filing cabinets. Granted, Apple's towers by far look the best (because they've already rounded them a bit). Even though the footprint of a "powerdome" would be unacceptable to many users, I would love it. It would make my room look like one of those mod interiors from "A Clockwork Orange"!

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
me too...

I really dig the swiveling LCD on the new iMac! I don't think Apple would put their efforts into producing them to accompany towers simply for the fact it would divert interest from iMac sales. I'm sure they designed the iMac's screen to be unlike anything we've ever seen....and making those LCD's available for purposes other than the iMac would hurt it's sales...

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
a swivel lcd as large as the cinema display would need a giant base talking up a huge footprint, unless u had a base that bolted into your desk or something, either way it's not something apple would do.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.