PDA

View Full Version : BluRay Drive For Mac & PC

MightyWhite
Jul 18, 2012, 08:27 AM
Like many I am waiting for the new iMac but at the mo have a PC..

I have started to use handbrake to back up my DVD Collection to a drive ready to use with the new Mac and am getting close to having to do this for my BluRay collection..

Is there a BluRay drive that anyone has tries and tested that works well for both PC (For now) and Mac when I finally get one?

Any help would be appreciated and if you know of one for less than 50 even better..

Cheers

heisenberg123
Jul 18, 2012, 09:20 AM
Like many I am waiting for the new iMac but at the mo have a PC..

I have started to use handbrake to back up my DVD Collection to a drive ready to use with the new Mac and am getting close to having to do this for my BluRay collection..

Is there a BluRay drive that anyone has tries and tested that works well for both PC (For now) and Mac when I finally get one?

Any help would be appreciated and if you know of one for less than 50 even better..

Cheers

im pretty sure all usb drives will work with MAC as long as you have the right software

Toltepeceno
Jul 18, 2012, 11:27 AM
Hello,

I am still using PC but am going Mac and have investigated the same thing. I have settled on this writer as being good all around. I read reviews on several locations, it works with mac plug and play except watching you need a program, seems like the best I found pricewise for a writer:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SE-506AB-TSWD-External-Re-Writer/dp/B006B7R9TG

The best place there is 89.99 us shipped. I am sorry I do not know how this relates to pounds or availability in your area. I am in mexico. I also like that it is white and it's usb powered.

Good luck.

mic j
Jul 18, 2012, 11:35 AM
I've been using this for a couple years. Works fine. I like that it is USB powered so there is no cord & brick to deal with.

http://www.amazon.com/PLEXTOR-BD-ROM-DRIVE-24X-EXTERNAL/dp/B00446GYUQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top