PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Mail - Gmail

EmbraceTheOne
Jul 18, 2012, 08:49 AM
My friend called me and asked me if i had a solution to his problem. I don't, and need help.

He and his wife have an older Macbook. I'm not sure which OS X he has but it shouldn't make too much of a different. Anyway.

He and his wife both use "Mail". They have both their accounts added to the app, so they can both access their emails. Here's the problem.

Recently, When his wife would send an email to anyone with HER email, the recipient would receive it under her husbands email. It would be under her name, but her husbands email. Understand?

He tested it with me. He used his wifes email and sent me an email. Long and behold, when I recieved it, it was her name, but his email, so if I replied, It would reply to him, not her who sent the email.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

basesloaded190
Jul 18, 2012, 08:53 AM
You know I have had recent problems with this similar situation. Mine is slightly different, but I have two Gmail accounts and I have noticed that I send an email with one Gmail account, the person receives the email and replies, but that reply has been ending up in the inbox of the other account.

I don't know if this is a Gmail problem or a Mail problem because I use the Mail application as well.

Here I thought I was going crazy

robgendreau
Jul 18, 2012, 11:43 AM
When they compose an email what do they select in the "From:" menu?

What are their settings in the two accounts?

sidewinder
Jul 18, 2012, 12:43 PM
When they compose an email what do they select in the "From:" menu?

Exactly. How is the computer supposed to know who is sending the email? You have to tell it which "From:" address to use. It will default to one of them....

It would be more logical to have two user accounts setup. One for each person. Then this confusion goes away.....

S-