Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
You need to stop making threads and asking the same question in multiple places.

There was never a heat problem with the iPad. People overreacted.

Last edited:

throys

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2011
London
like the address or are there any solutions for this problem ???

I havent seen this from day one but if you play like modern combat 3 or any big games after say 30 mins it will start to warm slightly., but that goes for any device and this happens to my iphone 4S also so its nothing to worry about unless in your case its very severe you should bring it back to apple to check for hardware problem

brylliant

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
like the address or are there any solutions for this problem ???

The heat you get is normal from that larger battery and retina display. Its a hardware thing, not software so it won't get fixed with an update or something!
Its not as hot as people say anyway. It's warm, I admit that though. Happens to my iPhone 4S too.

Last edited:

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
I have no clue if the iPad you received was the latest batch, but personally, it's way too hot.
I have smart case on, and I can even feel the heat running through the left side.
Like others have said, this is a hardware issue, not software. Hopefully, when the new new iPad comes out, it will be fixed...

jeremiah239

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2007
239 Area, FL
I have no clue if the iPad you received was the latest batch, but personally, it's way too hot.
I have smart case on, and I can even feel the heat running through the left side.
Like others have said, this is a hardware issue, not software. Hopefully, when the new new iPad comes out, it will be fixed...

Have you ever used a MacBook Pro? I'm using one now with only Safari and one tab open and its really hot to the touch.

Just because it runs hot doesn't mean anythings wrong with it, the iPad doesn't have fans so it uses the aluminum casing as a big heat sink pulling the heat away from the electronics inside. if apple made it so it was cool to the touch they would constantly overheat.

And yes its hotter then the iPad 1 and 2 but it has a Retina display bigger, CPU, GPU, and battery. That what happens when you put bigger better things in such a small place.

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
Yes, I have used unibody MacBook Pro for 3years, and I know how hot it gets.

The problem is, it's the bottom left corner of the screen that beats up, not the back. It's believed (and confirmed by iFixit) that that's where A5X CPU/GPU is.
Some people may just ignore it, but few sensitive people like me just tends to be more affected by it.

Honestly, I don't mind the screen heating up. It would have been better if it didn't, though c

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
Yes, I have used unibody MacBook Pro for 3years, and I know how hot it gets.

The problem is, it's the bottom left corner of the screen that beats up, not the back. It's believed (and confirmed by iFixit) that that's where A5X CPU/GPU is.
Some people may just ignore it, but few sensitive people like me just tends to be more affected by it.

Honestly, I don't mind the screen heating up. It would have been better if it didn't, though c

Yup that section gets nice and toasty when you game a bit and the other heat is caused to dual light bars which I suspect will go bye bye when Apple moves to more efficient display tech like IGZO.

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
Yup that section gets nice and toasty when you game a bit and the other heat is caused to dual light bars which I suspect will go bye bye when Apple moves to more efficient display tech like IGZO.

They should :)
Well, the iPad is heating even when I'm browsing stuff.

safsofa24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 17, 2012
You need to stop making threads and asking the same question in multiple places.

There was never a heat problem with the iPad. People overrated.

Ok. Man if I typed it in many fourms why didn't you answer it !!!

----------

I havent seen this from day one but if you play like modern combat 3 or any big games after say 30 mins it will start to warm slightly., but that goes for any device and this happens to my iphone 4S also so its nothing to worry about unless in your case its very severe you should bring it back to apple to check for hardware problem

I know but in my iPad there is a problem ..thanks for your helping

----------

The heat you get is normal from that larger battery and retina display. Its a hardware thing, not software so it won't get fixed with an update or something!
Its not as hot as people say anyway. It's warm, I admit that though. Happens to my iPhone 4S too.

Yeah but I'm afraid that it affects badly on the ipad

----------

Did you mean that it solved it ??

----------

Ok.but that apple in the software they can fix the battery .

barjam

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
I use my iPad 3 all the time and also play games. At absolute most it gets warm. Perhaps your is defective?

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
Just for the sake of it... Yes. All fixed. :rolleyes:

Yes, I can confirm this:

iOS 6 adds a new cooling subroutine to the kernel which was mistakenly left out of iOS 5.

My iPad 3 now runs very cold! If anything, it may be a little too cold - you may get a little frosting and condensation if you live in a humid climate. But, this is a beta. They're still tweaking it and I'm sure it'll be perfect soon.

blarivee

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
US
I was at the Apple store last weekend, and a few of the new iPads on display were a little toasty on the back.

Sh4wN

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2012
I was at the Apple store last weekend, and a few of the new iPads on display were a little toasty on the back.

You're saying the diplayed iPads, probably already running for hours and hours, were warm? That's surprising. :D

OmegaRed1723

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009
The Waste
I have an iPad 3 that I've had since launch day. I keep it in the black Apple case from the original iPad (I have no use for the rear camera). I use it as my primary computing device most days, and average 7-8 hours of use on it a day, and it never gets uncomfortably warm. I don't see my iPad as being an exception here. I think folks are making way too much out of the heat generated by this device.

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
There is no 'heat issue'.

I've had the new iPad for almost two months now, and firstly I've never had to use it at full brightness, and secondly no matter what level of usage the device is subject to, it's never got too hot to hold or even noticeably hot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.