Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RMK-Jacob

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
So in iOS 6, the status bar changes color depending on what the Navigation Bar color in that app is colored.

For example:
In the first photo (Holy Bible app), the Navigation Bar is black, and the status bar is black.

In the second photo (Settings), the Navigation Bar is blue, and the status bar is blue

In the rest of the photos I am in mSecure and changing the theme color (which changes the navigation bar color). When the Navigation Bar color is changed the status bar changes color as well.

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG.jpeg
    photo 1.PNG.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 398
  • photo 3-1.PNG.jpeg
    photo 3-1.PNG.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 303
  • photo 1-1.PNG.jpeg
    photo 1-1.PNG.jpeg
    24.6 KB · Views: 289
  • photo 2-2.PNG.jpeg
    photo 2-2.PNG.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 265
  • photo 2.PNG.jpeg
    photo 2.PNG.jpeg
    22.1 KB · Views: 236

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Other people have posted about this but I have yet to see it change. Only in settings is it different for me. Maybe I just don't use any apps that "support" it?

I think I read somewhere that it works on apps that aren't rounded at the top edges, but squared. :confused:

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
thanks for posting something that people figured out on the first day of iOS 6 beta release :rolleyes:

BuckeyeMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2012
Not really a big fan of this. Isn't the status bar supposed to look different because it shows important info? Now it just blends in.

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012
The status bar is only colored when the app has set its UIStatusBarStyle to Default. When it is set to black it is black and has rounded corners and most custom apps do that ;)

8a22a

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
The status bar is only colored when the app has set its UIStatusBarStyle to Default. When it is set to black it is black and has rounded corners and most custom apps do that ;)

Ok I see. So a black status bar always puts rounded corners below it and a coloured status bar puts rounded corners above it?

Roofy.

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2009
its been discussed before. The color changes by the very first line of pixels to the apps average colors. In other words, the line of pixels directly below the status bar, whatever colors those are, the status bar will be that color.

Personally, Im one of the few that likes it. Its a fresh change. I really cant believe why anyone would complain about it. Its not like it affects the app your in, it just looks cool.

sebseb81

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2010
Just installed iOS 6 on an iPod touch and I really thought this was a bug. Does not look great.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
This is very annoying to me when using Safari on my white iPod Touch with white webpages and it is a heavy black - just distracts the eye. Not a fan.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I don't like it, I don't now why apple chose to draw attention to the menu bar instead of making it appear as though it is part of the device. A possible theory is that it accentuates the length of the iPhone 5 screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.