Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Back in March, the State of Texas announced that Apple would be pursuing a major expansion of its facilities in Austin, committing to spend over $300 million to add 3,600 more workers at a site adjacent to its current campus dedicated to customer support, sales, and accounting.

With the final approval of tax incentives for the project coming in early May, Apple has officially begun moving forward with its plans. According to the Austin Business Journal, Apple purchased three tracts of land on June 21 to provide a site for the project.
Records at the Travis County Clerk's Office show that McShane Development Co. LLC, through its Riata Vista LP entity, sold three tracts of land to Apple on June 21. The exhibits indicate that the land is in the Milwood Section 20 subdivision near Parmer Lane and Delcour Drive.
While the purchase price of the land is currently unknown, real estate records show that the land is indeed the 38.67 acres located between Apple's current facilities and Parmer Lane. The vacant land is currently assessed at nearly $7.4 million.

apple_campus_austin.jpg

Article Link: Apple Purchases Land for Expansion of Austin Campus

Mad-B-One

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Somehow looks like a large parking lot.

Well, since land in the United States is relatively cheap, most of it is. Relatively cheap that is compared to a multi-deck parking structure. Even though I would prefer the latter here in the southern States because that would mean shade from the sun!

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Hey, you can see my old apartment complex in that shot :D

The Apple Campus is much larger than that already, though. They're renting land all along Riata Trace and Riata Circle, so I imagine they'll be moving their offices to the new buildings.

nicroma

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
Midwest, USA
Given that 1 Infinite Loop is over 1,700 miles away I doubt it ;)

This is the Austin Texas AppleCare site. Not the Apple Headquarters in Cupertino, California.

I think that was legitimate question. Just because they are far apart doesn't mean that cities can't share street names and numbers. Are you implying there is only one Main St. in the United States?

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
I think that was legitimate question. Just because they are far apart doesn't mean that cities can't share street names and numbers. Are you implying there is only one Main St. in the United States?

No...I was implying that it would not be '2 Infinite Loop'. Surely if there was a second Infinite Loop street (not that there would be) the address would still be 1 Infinite Loop as you dont start at 2...obviously!

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
No...I was implying that it would not be '2 Infinite Loop'. Surely if there was a second Infinite Loop street (not that there would be) the address would still be 1 Infinite Loop as you dont start at 2...obviously!

Doesn't that depend on which side of the infinite loop the building is located? :)

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
It's probably closed to the public. It's not really a fancy Apple office. It's a building full of people on telephone support - no magic at all.

Considering how hard it is to find a customer support line in which you can actually talk to an American, I'd say it's pretty magical!

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Considering how hard it is to find a customer support line in which you can actually talk to an American, I'd say it's pretty magical!

:p true! When I have to phone our cable provider in the UK (Virgin Media) I've worked out that you can demand to be put through to their uk call center if it's an emergency....so I just tell them it is :D

barredfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2012
Apple's architecture of their campuses and stores have always amazed me. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this land.

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Apple's architecture of their campuses and stores have always amazed me. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this land.

what is so amazing about the architecture of their buildings and stores? the apple store near my house is in the middle of an outdoor mall and it is white with a gray apple logo (i think). the inside of the store is a rectangle. is this what you consider amazing? groundbreaking?

sonovale

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
what is so amazing about the architecture of their buildings and stores? the apple store near my house is in the middle of an outdoor mall and it is white with a gray apple logo (i think). the inside of the store is a rectangle. is this what you consider amazing? groundbreaking?

It is nice to hear that you are a neighbor of apple store.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.