PDA

View Full Version : Would Switching Back Give me a little Speed Bump

Soccer5se
Jul 19, 2012, 01:04 AM
I am currently running Lion on a White Macbook from late 2006. I am running it with 2GB of ram. Would switching back to Snow Leopard speed my Macbook up?

I just ordered a rMBP and my daughter will use this computer. So is it worth it to reinstall Snow Leopard?

Thanks

Richard

chevalier433
Jul 19, 2012, 01:21 AM
I am currently running Lion on a White Macbook from late 2006. I am running it with 2GB of ram. Would switching back to Snow Leopard speed my Macbook up?

I just ordered a rMBP and my daughter will use this computer. So is it worth it to reinstall Snow Leopard?

Thanks

Richard Upgrade ram and stay with lion.

Soccer5se
Jul 19, 2012, 02:23 AM
Upgrade ram and stay with lion.

I can only install 3GB of ram. Well thats all the computer will accept. Will 1GB of ram make much of a difference?

Rich

chevalier433
Jul 19, 2012, 05:12 AM
I can only install 3GB of ram. Well thats all the computer will accept. Will 1GB of ram make much of a difference?

Rich It will a little.Lion has some extra features that your daughter will enjoy.

quasinormal
Jul 19, 2012, 06:01 AM
I'd just reinstall Snow Leopard if you are unhappy how the Macbook is currently running Lion. I don't think you take a huge hit in terms of software compatibility, which is only disadvantage i can see to running an older OS.