job
Nov 8, 2002, 09:28 PM
Screw JK2!

I'm playing this!

http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=17400

In case anyone is interested, here are the min. specs:

* PowerMac with G3/G4 Processor
* 450 MHz or faster Processor
* 128 MB of built-in RAM (256 MB if running Mac OS X)
* 1 GB available hard disk space
* ATI Rage 128 with 16 MB of VRAM (or better video card)

job
Nov 9, 2002, 07:57 AM
The game is excellent.

It plays fine on all min. settings on my 400Mhz slot-loading iMac with 320MB of RAM.

The atmosphere is intense. Once you realize that one shot can take you down, you start to use the crawl button a lot more.

The first time I started the mission I ran around the map and promptly got my head blown off...

I'm going to go play it again...

If I see this game at the Houston Apple store, I'm buying it.

BenderBot1138
Nov 9, 2002, 09:13 AM
Did you say "Screw JK2"... ooooohmmmm ..... bzzzzzzzzzzt ... !

.... come... join the Dark Side hitman...

Ghost Recon looks cool though... I'm downloading it right now.

I wonder how a light saber and Jedi Knight would do in Ghost Recon... hmmmm Any Aspyr Employees out there than can tell me the cheat code to get that one???
:cool:

job
Nov 9, 2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by BenderBot1138
Did you say "Screw JK2"... ooooohmmmm ..... bzzzzzzzzzzt ... !

.... come... join the Dark Side hitman...

I just did not like JK2 that much... :p

I'm more of a realistic tactical shooter type...

BenderBot1138
Nov 10, 2002, 01:53 AM
Works great hitman... definitely an excellent realistic tactical shooter. I was amazed by the Sniper... cooool. :cool: Works great on Powerbook all resolutions and colors.

insidedanshead
Nov 10, 2002, 04:57 AM
GR ain't bad.. but where's my UT 2k3 for mac? They say before x-mas..but who knows.. the Mac community needs more companies like Blizzard who release their pc and mac versions of games at the same time.. *claps* gasp! at the SAME TIME!?!? nooo..neverr

but yeah, im glad to see all these games coming... even if i don' t like them... GR is a little too tactical for me.. although I live for Warcraft III a tactics based game so .. yeah...there went that point... anyone think they can take me and my Night Elves on? I gotta get some sleep... im not makin sense anymore. later kids:o

digitalgiant
Nov 13, 2002, 11:14 PM
The game is great fun,,,,,,but online play through GameRanger is soooooooooooooooooooo buggy. It will crash at the end of a game half the time. And it even disconectes me from game ranger even though i have a cable conn. I hope the whole game is not that buggy.

job
Nov 14, 2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by digitalgiant
The game is great fun,,,,,,but online play through GameRanger is soooooooooooooooooooo buggy. It will crash at the end of a game half the time. And it even disconectes me from game ranger even though i have a cable conn. I hope the whole game is not that buggy.

There were a lot of issues when the PC version came out.

Apparently, most of the really awful bugs have been dealt with in the Mac port (most of these are single-player specific though.)

I'm sure a patch is on the way, since the Mac version is 1.3 and the PC version is 1.4

Gotta have that MP compatability...