PDA

View Full Version : Sim games without in-store purchases?

brayhite
Jul 19, 2012, 10:48 PM
I'm not a fan of games with in-store purchases. My experience is that time is what holds you back from continually playing the game, as you wait for your "coins" to refill or whatever.

Are there any good simulation or strategy games that don't have this caveat? Something I can jump into and play?

Taustin Powers
Jul 20, 2012, 12:27 PM
Sim City comes to mind.

TyShawn
Jul 23, 2012, 05:50 AM
Looks like that game stillhas major bugs.

Taustin Powers
Jul 24, 2012, 02:12 AM
It appears so, I haven't messed with it much...

In general, I would advise you to avoid "free" games, cause they all mostly follow the same business model of wanting you to buy in-game currency in order to speed things up. When I first bought my iPad, I went crazy downloading "free" games (Smurfs, a few city builders, a theme park builder) only to realize they are all basically the same game with different skins. Build something, wait a few hours, reap reward, build something else, wait...yeah that made for an exciting plane ride, 10 seconds of gameplay every 2 hours! :rolleyes:

Look for paid games (Sim City, Civilization, Settlers, etc.) that don't have in-app purchases. They're often on sale and can be had for $1 or less if you wait a little. They're not free, but they're "real" games! :) (And really, $1 for a computer game, it's very affordable!)