Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lappymac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
So I have an issue with OSX Lion not mapping the home drives from Active Directory for users, but it does it on Snow Leopard. So I am wondering if there is a way to have a home drive map on 10.7 to match 10.6 or a script that will pull their login ID and map the drive for the users.

Long story short:
Example ID: example1

I need to have a script run at startup that will take their ID and Map their drive for them at login.

Basically I need to have the home drive pull the example id and put it into the following script at login: smb://homedrive/example1$

Is there a way I can set it so that if someone logs in, it will pull the login ID and place it in the script (like smb://homedrive/lappymac$) to have it map my home drive at login? If it asks for their password and whatnot, thats fine, I just dont know how to store the connection or the script so if it prompts for a user ID and password, that it will set the mapped drive to their ID (with the $ sign on the end) to map their home folder.

Any help is much appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.