Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pavel Gudkov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Norway , Oslo
Hello MacRumors Forumers!

I have recently installed Mac Os X Lion on my late 2007 macbook, and i wonder if it is possible to disable a reverse scrolling feature ?

Thank you in advance!

Pavel Gudkov , Norway

Pavel Gudkov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Norway , Oslo
System Preferences > Trackpad > Scroll & Zoom > Un-tick the "Scroll Direction: Natural" box :)

The problem is that there is no "Scroll Direction" option in older MacBooks, so i am not able to change to "Natural".

Are there any other ways to change the scroll direction?

Thank you!

Pavel Gudkov , Norway

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
The problem is that there is no "Scroll Direction" option in older MacBooks, so i am not able to change to "Natural".

Are there any other ways to change the scroll direction?

Thank you!

Pavel Gudkov , Norway

Guts... That sucks :( You could download Better Touch Tool and try to make a new gesture for scrolling, overriding the default one. I'm not too sure if Better Touch Tool works with those older trackpads with the button, but it's worth a shot, yeah?

Pavel Gudkov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Norway , Oslo
Guts... That sucks :( You could download Better Touch Tool and try to make a new gesture for scrolling, overriding the default one. I'm not too sure if Better Touch Tool works with those older trackpads with the button, but it's worth a shot, yeah?

mrsir2009,

I downloaded an application called "Scroll Reverser". Scrolling works perfectly now, exactly as i am used to!

Best Regards!

Pavel Gudkov , Norway

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.