Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shredder-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
I'm buying either the David Guetta Mixr Beats or the Beats Solo, but still unsure which one to pick. Anyone that has experience with both?

NZed

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2011
Canada, Eh?
I'm buying either the David Guetta Mixr Beats or the Beats Solo, but still unsure which one to pick. Anyone that has experience with both?

To be honest, i would stay away from it. For me its a great waste of money for that sound quality. You could get better for the same or just a bit more price.

But if you want it, i'd say theres no difference between those head phones. After trying both for a couple hours, i'd say, no difference and just go with the more comfortable one.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California

There are better headphones for half the price.

But before I suggest any I'd have to ask about how you intend to use the headphones. Are you recording? Is the room noisy or will these be used in a quiet studio environment? What kind of music? Are you mixing sound, editing video? Casual listening while waiting for a bus? Are you on an airplane?

Also if anyone tell you which headphones are "best" and does not know the answers to the above his advice is nearly worthless because even if of high quality they may be a poor match to your needs.

afroAnt

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011

One of my friends said that the Mixr beats are hands down better than the solos (he really loves beats). But IMO go with another brand of headphones, beats are way over priced. If you are looking for style try V-MODA they have awesome customisable headphones and they are well priced, around $200.

MacFan23

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2010
One of my friends said that the Mixr beats are hands down better than the solos (he really loves beats). But IMO go with another brand of headphones, beats are way over priced.

I'd agree with this. I currently use Beats and love them, but they're no doubt overpriced unless the brand means a lot to you.

PAPO

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
Australia
There are better headphones for half the price.

But before I suggest any I'd have to ask about how you intend to use the headphones. Are you recording? Is the room noisy or will these be used in a quiet studio environment? What kind of music? Are you mixing sound, editing video? Casual listening while waiting for a bus? Are you on an airplane?

Also if anyone tell you which headphones are "best" and does not know the answers to the above his advice is nearly worthless because even if of high quality they may be a poor match to your needs.

agreed, we need better info if we're to recommend the "best" headphones BUT some headphones are good all rounders like the AKG Q460's while there are some things they are great at, there are still pretty good at everything else

Gofre

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
I know but I want beats

Just get the Solos then. You aren't going to get particularly good sound quality either way so at least you'll spend less money. From my time comparing the two there's not much separating them in terms of sound, not enough to justify the price difference at least, and the Mixrs were very uncomfortable.

TheSkyeCrumbles

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2013
There is a slight difference. I went to Target and checked out the Beats and they put the solo and mixr next to each other. First, I tried the solo. Sounded like regular headphones and were super comfortable. Then, I tried the mixr and the sound was much louder and sort of different. I don't know if that's the same for the mixr you want to get.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.