Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EKEN9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2012
My friend just borrowed my iPad for a couple of days. When he returned it, I found that he could track my iPad and even text me but not thru iMessage. I dont know if did this with FMi but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the password for my apple ID. Any idea how he did this without my apple ID? Any awy I could remove it. Or get away form being tracking? This is annoying!

DutchAmerican

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2012
Drunen, Netherlands
My friend just borrowed my iPad for a couple of days. When he returned it, I found that he could track my iPad and even text me but not thru iMessage. I dont know if did this with FMi but I'm pretty sure he doesn't have the password for my apple ID. Any idea how he did this without my apple ID? Any awy I could remove it. Or get away form being tracking? This is annoying!

Your problem isn't clear, could you explain it better?

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
I think you need better friends! LOL

Did he install Find My Friends app? Or something similar?

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Did he put his sim card in there? I remember reading about a bug with the sim cards and them staying connected to the device even after they are removed.

Shamil

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
just go to setting.go to icloud.u can find find my iphone/ipad there.turn it off.i think you can log out or something.maybe your friend use his own apple id on your ipad.so he can detect you and imsg.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.