Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Im thinking about taking the Lion certifications in about a month, when will the ML certifications be available after launch? Does it take them a couple of months to get them ready? thanks.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Im thinking about taking the Lion certifications in about a month, when will the ML certifications be available after launch? Does it take them a couple of months to get them ready? thanks.
Yes, it can take weeks or up to a few months before they catch up.

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Yes, it can take weeks or up to a few months before they catch up.

Ok, thanks. Do you know if there normally are 'catch up' exams in between? Like the Microsoft ones, if you have Server Admin on 2003 you can take an exam in just the new features and then you are certified for 2008 for example. Poorly written, but you get the idea.

And If i get the Apple Certified Technical Coordinator title on Lion, will that title be viable after the ML release?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Ok, thanks. Do you know if there normally are 'catch up' exams in between? Like the Microsoft ones, if you have Server Admin on 2003 you can take an exam in just the new features and then you are certified for 2008 for example. Poorly written, but you get the idea.

And If i get the Apple Certified Technical Coordinator title on Lion, will that title be viable after the ML release?
You may find answers to most of your questions on Apple's site: Apple - OS X Lion Certifications

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thanks, but I've seen the page. And its not really answering the two questions I had.
To my knowledge, there are no abbreviated versions of courses or exams for those who were previously certified on an earlier version. If any certification is specific to a version of Mac OS, there will likely be a new version of that certification made available after a new release is issued. However, that doesn't render earlier certifications invalid.

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
To my knowledge, there are no abbreviated versions of courses or exams for those who were previously certified on an earlier version. If any certification is specific to a version of Mac OS, there will likely be a new version of that certification made available after a new release is issued. However, that doesn't render earlier certifications invalid.

Ok thanks. I agree that it doesnt render the earlier certs invalid, one is just certified on the other OS. :) Anyway, the ML exam will include lots of stuff form the Lion one.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
It usually takes them quite a while to get new certifications all setup.

I'd recommend getting the Lion Certifications first at the Prometric Centers. Once Apple comes out with Mountain Lion Certifications you should get an email and they will allow you to take one online test that will certify you for ML.

As long as you stay current on those certifications, you shouldn't have to go back into a Prometric Center to get any future certifications.

harrisonw1998

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2011
They already have the associate certification for ML. I took it yesterday, its easy, online and took me about an hour with a two hour limit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.