Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmgag03

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2010
I noticed that the patch Apple released for the MBPr's and MBAs has really improved the battery life on my 2012 13in MBA i7. I would love to see Anandtech update their review with new numbers.

Has anyone else experienced increased battery life?

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
I noticed that the patch Apple released for the MBPr's and MBAs has really improved the battery life on my 2012 13in MBA i7. I would love to see Anandtech update their review with new numbers.

Has anyone else experienced increased battery life?

Patch?

luqtotheman

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2012
what have you noticed?

I have a 2012 mac air i7, updated but haven't put too much thought into it.

Wynand32

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2012
I haven't really noticed any improvement in battery life since the patch. Perhaps the OP was doing something that caused the issue with high CPU utilization to kick in that I'm not doing, and since the patch fixed it battery naturally improved. Note that my battery life certainly hasn't gotten worse--it's been great since the day I got it.

tsboy69

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
It seems to me that the battery life is a bit better. Still doing the same amount of work, but not having to charge as much.

The scroll lagging is much much better since the update.

The update was not for everyone, just those who recently purchased the new Air or Pro.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.