PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Lion Download Questions and Recovery Mode

gregpod9
Jul 21, 2012, 06:44 PM
I have a 2012 13" MBA i5/8GB/256 SSD coming to my house in a couple days and I have a few questions regarding the installation of Mountain Lion.
1. I will be getting Mountain Lion free and I would like to know what is the recommended size of USB flash drive to put Mountain Lion on?
2. When Mountain Lion is installed my MBA and if something goes wrong with my SSD, will Mountain Lion be in the internet recovery or just Lion?
3. If I lose my USB flash drive or if it gets damage that contains Mountain Lion, do I have to purchase Mountain Lion?

eagandale4114
Jul 21, 2012, 06:49 PM
I have a 2012 13" MBA i5/8GB/256 SSD coming to my house in a couple days and I have a few questions regarding the installation of Mountain Lion.
1. I will be getting Mountain Lion free and I would like to know what is the recommended size of USB flash drive to put Mountain Lion on?
2. When Mountain Lion is installed my MBA and if something goes wrong with my SSD, will Mountain Lion be in the internet recovery or just Lion?
3. If I lose my USB flash drive or if it gets damage that contains Mountain Lion, do I have to purchase Mountain Lion?

1) 8 gigs will be fine.
2) Apple should release an update for internet recovery when ML ships.
3) No.