PDA

View Full Version : What is with the cough?

iGary
Jul 30, 2005, 07:39 AM
Am I the only person who notices that Steve clear his throat constantly during his keynotes?

eva01
Jul 30, 2005, 07:42 AM
yes, yes you are *cough*fanatic*cough :D

but i notice that from a lot of people that are doing public speaking, they will clear their throat, get a glass of water, etc. etc.

PlaceofDis
Jul 30, 2005, 08:09 AM
he does, or he drinks water, its nothing unusual for those long talks if you ask me

iGav
Jul 30, 2005, 08:19 AM
It's not unusual, especially in air conditioned rooms.

When I was a lecturer, I used to have a bottle of water with me as the air-con used to kill my voice after speaking loud for 3 to 4 hours.

iSaint
Jul 30, 2005, 08:25 AM
OCD

maya
Jul 30, 2005, 08:53 AM
And this is an ISSUE why? :confused:

Concerned for Steve Jobs health, that is considerate, however this is quite normal for lecturer. :)

wdlove
Jul 30, 2005, 01:43 PM
The title of your thread actually brought something else to mind. Guess its the nurse in me. It's the cough connected with a physical exam by a health care professional. :D

Clearing of one's throat and drinking water would be an expected thing.

iGary
Jul 30, 2005, 01:46 PM
And this is an ISSUE why? :confused:

Concerned for Steve Jobs health, that is considerate, however this is quite normal for lecturer. :)

Well, he just does it a lot, and yeah, it actually came from a place of concern rather than being bothered by it.

joecool85
Jul 30, 2005, 04:56 PM
Didn't he have cancer or something? Somebody had mentioned this before and this was the reason they had come up with I thought. Could be wrong. Unlike most people on this board I don't know how many hours of sleep Steve gets and what size underwear he wears on Tuesdays. No offense to those people lol :D