PDA

View Full Version : Icon Customization (CandyBar) - Alternatives

bedifferent
Jul 22, 2012, 11:35 AM
I've used CandyBar for editing my system, however I wrote "Panic" about future 10.8 support. This is the reply I received:

Thanks for writing. I'm not sure what exactly is going to happen with CandyBar for 10.8. Hopefully we'll have more information or an update soon.

--
Les
Panic Inc.

As Panic was late to the party with 10.7 support, I'm not holding out for a CandyBar update (esp as the new Dock.app would need work).

Does anyone have a recommendation for an alternative app? I've been manually doing all my system customizing which takes a long time.

Thanks!

Killa Aaron
Jul 22, 2012, 04:09 PM
I've used CandyBar for editing my system, however I wrote "Panic" about future 10.8 support. This is the reply I received:

As Panic was late to the party with 10.7 support, I'm not holding out for a CandyBar update (esp as the new Dock.app would need work).

Does anyone have a recommendation for an alternative app? I've been manually doing all my system customizing which takes a long time.

Thanks!

You can use LiteIcon (http://www.freemacsoft.net/liteicon/) for the moment but it doesn't change the finder icon and App icons properly, everything else like folders and drive icons work though.