Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
With less than 3 days left, on the rumored release date of Mountain Lion (which is a strong possibility that the 25th will be the release date)

Ladies and Gents, are you ready? Cause Mountain Lion is on the prowl and ready to attack the Mac App Store.

Will you download right away? Or wait a few hours after its released? Are you excited? Cause we all are! :D

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
More than ready. The 2012 MBA is already running the GM from a regular upgrade: smooth as can be with zero hiccups. The desktop Hackintosh will take some work since I'm going to do a clean install and manually migrate back, and then the Hackintosh Server should be a standard upgrade.

Rennir

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2012
I'm gonna wait at least a week or two to see what bugs people report and then install it :p

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I'll upgrade soon after release when I have the time
I will likely be on the road

Not excited, not anything
Fairly indifferent
Just a software update to the OS
Not likely to have much affect if any on my day to day life and experience

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
I've been ready for about a week now. Got everything I need. My new SSD is waiting to be installed alongside ML.

I'll be downloading as soon as possible :D Just hope the servers hold up and let me download it quickly!

DJJAZZYJET

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
Ml ftw

I'll be downloading it as soon as I see it's out. Lion was abit of a disappointment, but this new OS looks much better. I hope apple updated the drivers for the AMD cards, because ever since the upgrade to lion on my iMac, the GPU is always hotter than it was in SL.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
I've been ready for about a week now. Got everything I need. My new SSD is waiting to be installed alongside ML.

I'll be downloading as soon as possible :D Just hope the servers hold up and let me download it quickly!

I tried my Mac out with ML DP4, and it worked perfectly and smooth, Im sooo ready for GM, cause I know it will run smoothly :D

----------

I'll be downloading it as soon as I see it's out. Lion was abit of a disappointment, but this new OS looks much better. I hope apple updated the drivers for the AMD cards, because ever since the upgrade to lion on my iMac, the GPU is always hotter than it was in SL.

On the day of the release Im gonna be up all night, and waiting til it pops up in the Mac App Store :D

pjv1990

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2012
This is my first post so I'd like to say a warm hello to everyone :D

I am really looking forward to Mountain Lion, it will be awesome to get the reported stability and speed increases over Lion plus the new features. Ill be upgrading as soon as it hits the App Store

-MRB

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
UK
Meh. Looking forward to notification centre and iMessage working properly.

That's about it really.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I'm always excited for new stuff, lol. It depends on work and how the Apple servers are if I download it immediately. I might give it a day or two.

awer25

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2011
I don't care for most of the new features, as they all seem to revolve around iOS integration. I am super excited for ML though b/c I've just build a new Hackintosh based on an Ivy Bridge CPU and GTX 670 GPU. Apparently ML supports the GTX 6xx GPUs out of box (unlike Lion), so the computer is built and sitting in my floor waiting for a fresh install of ML. It can't come too soon - I want to get this thing running! :)

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
I hope Apple's servers are prepared for the mass of downloads lol

Apple utilizes Akamai for their content distribution - it doesn’t come from Apple’s servers in Cupertino.

ETA: For me, I will download it same day, but not at the exact time of release since I will be at work. I’ll wait until I get home.

macmongral

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2011
apple do not use their own servers they use a another firms that have servers at most of the main ISP sites so the load is distributed around the world

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
With less than 3 days left, on the rumored release date of Mountain Lion (which is a strong possibility that the 25th will be the release date)

Ladies and Gents, are you ready? Cause Mountain Lion is on the prowl and ready to attack the Mac App Store. Have been ready for a long time now, waiting for a totally underwhelming release

Will you download right away? NO Or wait a few hours after its released? More like a few DAYS Are you excited? NO, but I will probably buy it anyway becayse it's just 20 bucks, like any other shareware crap Cause we all are! :D

See above.

nampramos

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2010
Guys, I'm truing to install ML but I am getting an error when restoring a ML dmg into a USB stick to create a bootable stick for the clean install.

I formatted it to a GUID partition and when the restoring process of the dmg finalizes I get the following message:

"Restore Failure

Could not restore - Invalid argument"

Any ideas?

Thanks!

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I had kept one machine running SL until yesterday, but I don't have a really good excuse not to bring the workhorse up to Lion, so I finally did it. Farewell, Snow Leopard!

Even so, I have a lot of reservations about the whole gig of Apple dragging our laptops kicking and screaming into a post-computing era. There is a difference between simplifying things for novice users and dumbing down the planet. Sometimes, imho, Apple goes too far towards the latter. As long as there are still OPTIONS to see behind the glossy iOS look of a new OS, fine. But I wonder how long that will go on. I'm too old to rebel and write my own OS, but defintely not too old to shop around for one if I get to where I can't tell the difference between my iPhone and my laptop. For awhile, smartphones were getting smarter. That made sense. Now they're trying to dumb down their ancestors. That's an overreach. At least for another couple decades, I would say.

On balance, I'm as ready for Mountain Lion as I can be, as of yesterday afternoon. I'm really looking forward to some of the ML features but I'm only going to upgrade one machine immediately. I'll probably take a MacBook Air there first. It's a machine I don't back up because it gets everything it has on it from the workhorse or from a machine I just surf on.

Remember that cereal ad from way back when, with the two little brothers shoving a bowl of something or other onto the tray of their youngest bro's highchair? "Let Mikey eat it..." That's how ML will happen at my house. Let my no-backups MBA eat Mountain Lion first, and then we'll see about the others.

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
Yep, just bought a 2012 MBA after the 11th June announcement, so as soon as i can be my complimentary download code i'll be downloading it.

Looking forward to powernap and dictation most, plus notes & reminders syncing with my iphone will be a very nice addition.

Bring on Wednesday!

santaseve

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2012
Portland, OR
July 5th

On July 5th, I was guessing that it would be the 25th to be released. People were saying I didn't know what I was talking about and I was stupid. Know, 1000s have said July 25th because of the same reasons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.