PDA

View Full Version : My Ibook can't find my printer connected to my PC :(

Dynamyk
Jul 30, 2005, 02:22 PM
I've been trying everything, I have my printer shared on my network, all my PC laptops can't print off of it but my Mac can't find it. It's an HP LaserJet 1100. And it doesn't have a USB connection so I can't connect it to my Mac. Anyone have any suggestions what to do.

law guy
Jul 30, 2005, 03:21 PM
I've been trying everything, I have my printer shared on my network, all my PC laptops can't print off of it but my Mac can't find it. It's an HP LaserJet 1100. And it doesn't have a USB connection so I can't connect it to my Mac. Anyone have any suggestions what to do.

Dynamyk - I was going to suggest using an HP 170x print server to put the printer on your network, but two issues with that: one, a quick search shows that it was never officially supported and some of the comments I found as the result of a google search have folks suggesting complicated work-arounds (so why spend money if it might not work); two, if you're going to spend money a newer printer with usb and/or ethernet might make more sense for you.

There are newer print servers that do support OSX, but for the 300x, it's $269 - again a new printer may make more sense for the money. http://www.macmall.com/macmall/search/search.asp?id=135867904&search=Print%20Servers. There are some cheaper options listed on this search result, but I don't have any info on how well they might work.

Good luck.