PDA

View Full Version : Restore windows when quitting option missing

brewster1134
Jul 23, 2012, 06:20 PM
In Lion, under Preferences > General, there used to be the option 'Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps'. This option seems to be missing in Mountain Lion.

All my windows are restored on restart but I want to disable that. Is this possible in 10.8?

Tom in London
Jul 28, 2012, 05:19 AM
In Lion, under Preferences > General, there used to be the option 'Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps'. This option seems to be missing in Mountain Lion.

All my windows are restored on restart but I want to disable that. Is this possible in 10.8?

Yes - where has that option gone?:mad:

steve-p
Jul 28, 2012, 05:23 AM
It's now called "Close windows when quitting an application" and the meaning is reversed, i.e. check the option to not restore windows.

Tom in London
Jul 28, 2012, 05:27 AM
It's now called "Close windows when quitting an application" and the meaning is reversed, i.e. check the option to not restore windows.

Thanks steve - I had already done that, but it still seems not to work.:(

steve-p
Jul 28, 2012, 05:31 AM
Thanks steve - I had already done that, but it still seems not to work.:(

Oh. It seems to be working for me, but I only tried Preview.

fresh1978
Sep 9, 2012, 04:23 AM

It also doesn't work for me. Is there a script for a manual override? I've used that successfully under 10.7, but I can't find it anymore.