Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brewster1134

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
In Lion, under Preferences > General, there used to be the option 'Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps'. This option seems to be missing in Mountain Lion.

All my windows are restored on restart but I want to disable that. Is this possible in 10.8?

Tom in London

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2011
LondonUK
Me too

In Lion, under Preferences > General, there used to be the option 'Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps'. This option seems to be missing in Mountain Lion.

All my windows are restored on restart but I want to disable that. Is this possible in 10.8?

Yes - where has that option gone?:mad:

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
It's now called "Close windows when quitting an application" and the meaning is reversed, i.e. check the option to not restore windows.

fresh1978

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2011
It's now called "Close windows when quitting an application" and the meaning is reversed, i.e. check the option to not restore windows.

It also doesn't work for me. Is there a script for a manual override? I've used that successfully under 10.7, but I can't find it anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.