PDA

View Full Version : Apple Running New Celebrity Television Ad Featuring Martin Scorsese

MacRumors
Jul 23, 2012, 07:59 PM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/23/apple-running-new-celebrity-television-ad-featuring-martin-scorsese/)

Apple has released a new television ad featuring the iPhone 4S and Siri, featuring legendary film director Martin Scorsese (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Scorsese). The director uses Siri to reschedule appointments, find where a friend is, and see how traffic is in Manhattan.

Z714Fnylf5sScorsese: What's my day look like?

Siri: Another busy day today.

Scorsese: Are you serious?

Siri: Yes, I'm not allowed to be frivolous.

Scorsese: Ah, OK. Move my 4 o'clock today to tomorrow. Change my 11AM to 2.

Siri: OK, Marty. I scheduled it for today.

Scorsese: Is that Rick? Where's Rick?

Siri: Here's Rick.

Scorsese: Oh, no that's not Rick. Now, how's the traffic headed downtown?

Siri: Here's the traffic.

Scorsese: Oh, it's terrible, terrible. Driver, driver, cut across. Cut across. We'll never make it downtown this way. I like you Siri, you're going places.

Siri: I'll try to remember that.The ad is the fourth in Apple's series of celebrity television ads featuring celebrities using the technology. Prior ads have seen actors Samuel L. Jackson (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/04/16/verizonapple-airs-new-iphone-tv-ad-featuring-samuel-l-jackson-and-siri/), John Malkovich (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/05/23/apple-running-new-celebrity-iphone-4ssiri-tv-ads-featuring-john-malkovich/), and Zooey Deschanel (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/04/16/verizonapple-airs-new-iphone-tv-ad-featuring-samuel-l-jackson-and-siri/) using Siri.

Thanks Sean!

Article Link: Apple Running New Celebrity Television Ad Featuring Martin Scorsese (http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/23/apple-running-new-celebrity-television-ad-featuring-martin-scorsese/)

Furifo
Jul 23, 2012, 08:01 PM
C'mon Apple, enough with the 4S ads!

Concentrate on getting that new iPhone you have in the pipeline in our hands ASAP! :D

maddux530
Jul 23, 2012, 08:02 PM
The commercial featured Zooey whatshername, not Katy Perry (unfortunately for eye candy purposes).

choffy
Jul 23, 2012, 08:02 PM
Katy Perry? Seriously? I'm not very good with celebrities either, but even your link for her name says it's Zooey Deschanel.

Macman45
Jul 23, 2012, 08:03 PM
If only siri actually DID work that way....It's a feature I very rarely use now..It's so crippled in the UK that it's pointless.

Hopefully, the extended coverage promised for IOS6 will actually make it useful. Funny ad though!

jnc
Jul 23, 2012, 08:03 PM
"Sequences shortened. Like, really really shortened."

samcraig
Jul 23, 2012, 08:04 PM

It's obviously not the Scorsese Director's Cut. That commercial would have been an hour.

GoodNewsNobody
Jul 23, 2012, 08:05 PM
I thought I missed an Apple commercial featuring Katy Perry! Two of my favorite things together, both delicious eye candy!:D:apple:

jlgolson
Jul 23, 2012, 08:06 PM
The commercial featured Zooey whatshername, not Katy Perry (unfortunately for eye candy purposes).Hey, you're right! Sorry, my brain is melted apparently!

JordanJ
Jul 23, 2012, 08:09 PM
Is is me or is the traffic feature only available on iOS 6? Seems weird to mention this in an ad before it ships.

----------

Why would Apple use celebrities in their ads? Surely they wouldn't need them: They're Apple!

devilbond
Jul 23, 2012, 08:10 PM
Ah, the magic of cinema.

ShiftyPig
Jul 23, 2012, 08:11 PM
Doubling down on poorly-received ads: welcome to the post-Jobs Apple.

marksman
Jul 23, 2012, 08:12 PM
Having the director of the greatest movie of all time is a get.

hobo.hopkins
Jul 23, 2012, 08:16 PM
I like these ads. They might not reflect actual world usage for everybody, but they are entertaining.

Natesac
Jul 23, 2012, 08:20 PM
So when he moves his 4'o clock from 4 pm to tomorrow, who calls the person/people he had the meeting/appointment with to reschedule?

damir00
These would work much better if he didn't have to hold anything in his hand.

So when he moves his 4'o clock from 4 pm to tomorrow, who calls the person/people he had the meeting/appointment with to reschedule?

Details, details...

iPusch
thats my fav of the celebreties so far :D really funny :apple:

gibbz

Actually, they have been well-received (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1364079) ... at least early on.

swingerofbirch
Jul 23, 2012, 08:21 PM
I'd like if they made one with the fictitious writer Yuri Testikov of Seinfeld fame. Martin Scorsese was far too tolerant of all that beeping.

gaussianblur
Jul 23, 2012, 08:21 PM
though apple fanboy that i am, i must call foul on this one... as a NYC resident, I promise you... Siri in midtown Manhattan is completely useless, especially on AT&T... a more realistic commercial would have been filled with her saying "I'm really sorry about this..."

Timzer
Jul 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
These celeb/siri ads are really horrible. Especially knowing full well Siri doesn't work anywhere near as smoothly as portrayed in these ads. Just love how that little disclaimer "sequences shortened" flashes so quickly in ever so faded font. Borderline false advertising at best.

donasmus
Jul 23, 2012, 08:25 PM
Please forgive me for stating the obvious, but this series of Siri commercials are not Apple commercials - i.e. made by Apple, Inc., but they are AT&T commercials. It seems to me AT&T is free to misrepresent the actual user experience, if they choose to.

charlituna
Jul 23, 2012, 08:30 PM

Concentrate on getting that new iPhone you have in the pipeline in our hands ASAP! :D

marketing and engineering at not the same staff so they can do both.

And even if they were not doing these ads it doesn't mean you'd get the phone any faster. They will release it when they want and only when they want. Nothing, not even a dying CEO changes their time tables (which is probably how Steve wanted it)

jav6454
Jul 23, 2012, 08:30 PM
What's with all the celebrities....

Small White Car
Jul 23, 2012, 08:31 PM
"Ahh, it's not Rick."

I love it.

charlituna
Jul 23, 2012, 08:32 PM
Please forgive me for stating the obvious, but this series of Siri commercials are not Apple commercials - i.e. made by Apple, Inc., but they are AT&T commercials. It seems to me AT&T is free to misrepresent the actual user experience, if they choose to.

It does have that feel doesn't it. And you could be correct that these are from ATT and that could be part of why things seem a tad too perfect.

OceanView
Jul 23, 2012, 08:32 PM
How come my iPhone 4S never works that smooth?
I always get the "I'm really sorry but... "

Technarchy
Jul 23, 2012, 08:34 PM

These are Apple commercials. Different carriers are shown depending on when the ad is shown.

lilo777
Jul 23, 2012, 08:42 PM
but deceiving nonetheless. These ads create an impression that one can really have a conversation with Siri. The truth, of course, is that these 4 questions and a dozen words featured in the commercial is about all Siri can do. To create an illusion of a conversation the actors talk mostly to themselves. After receiving an answer from Siri (in real life they would not get any but that's another story) they say phrases not intended for Siri.

SeanM
Jul 23, 2012, 08:43 PM

These are definitely Apple commercials, there's always a random carrier logo at the end. I saw this commercial twice tonight - one had an AT&T logo and the other had a Verizon logo.

damir00
Jul 23, 2012, 08:44 PM
What's with all the celebrities....

"Think different."

Adey
Jul 23, 2012, 08:48 PM
Scorsese: What's my day look like?

Siri: You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here!

Xenomorph
Jul 23, 2012, 08:49 PM
Is is me or is the traffic feature only available on iOS 6? Seems weird to mention this in an ad before it ships.

Nope. It's in iOS 5.

Same with the Find my Friends integration (something someone on YouTube didn't seem to believe).

I asked "how's the traffic", and it shows me traffic using Google Maps.
I ask "where's my wife", and it uses Find my Friends to bring up my wife's location.

CrAkD
Jul 23, 2012, 08:54 PM
I wish siri worked that fast. I love apple but come on I see a lawsuit coming on this one.

imageWIS
Jul 23, 2012, 08:58 PM
Best Scorsese commercial:

http://youtu.be/HCQgBcn3F8A

:D

GorgonPhone
Jul 23, 2012, 09:00 PM
a more accurate depiction of siri but still alot faster than in real life

admanimal
Jul 23, 2012, 09:03 PM

Assuming that everything Apple does is poorly received: welcome to the post-Jobs Macrumors.

http://adage.com/article/digital/consumers-love-apple-s-elitist-celebrity-siri-ads/234426/

They are Apple's.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/videos/

Aodhan
Jul 23, 2012, 09:04 PM
All these self-loving Hollywood elitists are a real turn-off to me. Time to move on to the next ad campaign please.

Poisednoise
Jul 23, 2012, 09:13 PM
I wish siri worked that fast. I love apple but come on I see a lawsuit coming on this one.

They always say towards the end that certain sequences have been shortened or truncated. Sure enough, in this one near the end, at the bottom of the screen: "sequences shortened".

AppleScruff1
Jul 23, 2012, 09:15 PM
I can only imagine what Siri's replies would really be. Certainly nothing that would have made any sense. Where's Rick? Siri: Did you say find a stick? :D

fox10078
Jul 23, 2012, 09:17 PM
Well if Scorsese is using an iPhone i must return my galaxy nexus now.

Chrisg2014
Jul 23, 2012, 09:21 PM
Dear Apple,

How about you make an ad for the iPhone 6 or New iPhone or what ever the heck you want to call it and put it on youtube "Accidentally"... Just like the lost iPhone 4 in that bar and the iPhone 4S accident where you did the exact same thing. Or you know you could leave it in a Starbucks this time. Mix it up a bit

Much Appreciated

Chris :)

Carlanga
Jul 23, 2012, 09:22 PM
I like it, the best real use of Siri in an Ad yet! :cool:

a1exey1azar
Jul 23, 2012, 09:23 PM

When one moves an appointment in calendar and if it has an email of other party, Siri will send an updated info to that party. So, yes, it's possible. Just read the manual and utilize it the way it was desinged to be used.

Yelmurc
Jul 23, 2012, 09:24 PM
Voice as a new interface has huge potential. Apple has yet to really get Siri to work the way we all envision it. Whom ever really cracks this egg will get a huge lead in the market. So far Google is applying the most force on the egg.

macs4nw
Jul 23, 2012, 09:29 PM

Something tells me the new iPhone is not quite 'just around the corner' yet, but perhaps more like Sep-Oct. So this new ad might prop up lagging sales a bit. Those celebrity ads have been shown to work quite well!:)

Will do good
Jul 23, 2012, 09:33 PM
These are NOT Apple commercials. They are AT&T.

lovemyapple
Jul 23, 2012, 09:38 PM
yup

ps45
Jul 23, 2012, 09:40 PM
Phew, at least he's not having the same conversation with Siri that he had when he was in the back of Robert De Niro's taxi.

CheesePuff
Jul 23, 2012, 09:44 PM

Uhh, no, they're Apple.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/videos/#tv-ads-joke

Will do good
Jul 23, 2012, 09:47 PM

Tyler23
Jul 23, 2012, 09:47 PM

Incorrect. I've seen the same ads showing either Verizon or ATT at the end.

jbolden1517
Jul 23, 2012, 09:49 PM
All these self-loving Hollywood elitists are a real turn-off to me. Time to move on to the next ad campaign please.

The Zooey Deschanel one was a massive success. Among men 18-34 it kicked the "have you had anything about Apple in the last 2 weeks" from 7% to 51%. Men 18-34 seem to really really like her, and not only do they like her, they remember what she's doing in the ad.

The other ads while nowhere near that striking weren't bad either. Apple is hitting resistance among minorities and work class background smart phone owners. The sorts of people who hang out on computer oriented discussion forums are not the target. Conversely on the Retina ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9z3RWmZEjs) you are the target.

austinguy23
Jul 23, 2012, 09:57 PM
Ugh, Apple commercials are bland and cheesy for the masses these days.

I miss the edgier commercials like with the glassy-eyed Ellen Feis who was high on...erm, "Benadryl".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2-UuIEOcss

rdlink
Jul 23, 2012, 09:59 PM

Actually, since he's probably like most people who use calendaring on the iPhone and is on an Exchange account, the calendar invitation probably automatically gets sent...

ccmovies
Jul 23, 2012, 09:59 PM

Are you sure? I thought I saw one of these celebrity ads with a Verizon logo at the end...

AbyssImpact
Jul 23, 2012, 10:04 PM
this is why I won't buy an Apple iPhone 4s.

bandalay
Jul 23, 2012, 10:12 PM

Apparently they're some of the most popular ads Apple has ever run.

12dylan34
Jul 23, 2012, 10:22 PM
I love Scorsese. I think that this is the best of this series of Apple's commercials.

aristotle
Jul 23, 2012, 10:55 PM
People who think they are more than they actually are turn me off. In order words, your attitude is a real downer. I found the people who work with Universal and Warner Brothers to be very personable and friendly. I'm sure Mr. Scorsese is a great guy too.

Maybe you should learn to love yourself and then you would not have to "hate" other people.

Have a nice day.

FloatingBones
Jul 23, 2012, 11:18 PM
Jordan, a better video of the ad is now available on Apple's official YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z714Fnylf5s .

faroZ06
Jul 23, 2012, 11:19 PM
Ironically, I care about Siri even less than I care about the improved hardware specs.

----------

Apparently they're some of the most popular ads Apple has ever run.

I liked the 1984 ad :D
And the "I'm a Mac" ads were good, too.

Natesac
Jul 23, 2012, 11:25 PM
When one moves an appointment in calendar and if it has an email of other party, Siri will send an updated info to that party. So, yes, it's possible. Just read the manual and utilize it the way it was desinged to be used.

did. not. know. that.

mind blown :)

iCaleb
Jul 24, 2012, 12:09 AM
MacRumors should now replace the video with the official one from Apple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z714Fnylf5s&list=UUE_M8A5yxnLfW0KghEeajjw&index=1&feature=plcp

Aodhan
Jul 24, 2012, 12:11 AM
People who think they are more than they actually are turn me off. In order words, your attitude is a real downer. I found the people who work with Universal and Warner Brothers to be very personable and friendly. I'm sure Mr. Scorsese is a great guy too.

Maybe you should learn to love yourself and then you would not have to "hate" other people.

Have a nice day.

Did I say anything about hate? Your comments were very helpful and contributed tremendously to the discussion. Thank you!

ThunderSkunk
Jul 24, 2012, 12:24 AM
Aside from everything looking remarkably clean for NYC,
What the hell kind of cab is that they put in there? Pretty snazzy.

AIP5
Jul 24, 2012, 12:59 AM
If Siri worked even half as fast as it did in this ad on a cellular network (in NYC mind you), I'd be one happy fellow.

Until they can make Siri place phone calls w/out Internet connection (something 3GS and 4 can do WITHOUT Internet), it will be a fail in my eyes. Just glad I didn't buy the 4S for Siri.

aristotle
Jul 24, 2012, 01:35 AM
Did I say anything about hate? Your comments were very helpful and contributed tremendously to the discussion. Thank you!
It was implied by the tone of your message which was:
"All these self-loving Hollywood elitists are a real turn-off to me. Time to move on to the next ad campaign please."
That sounds like you have a problem with people in the entertainment industry.

If you don't like them then I suggest that you stop buying movies/tickets etc.

Aodhan
Jul 24, 2012, 02:04 AM
It was implied by the tone of your message which was:
"All these self-loving Hollywood elitists are a real turn-off to me. Time to move on to the next ad campaign please."
That sounds like you have a problem with people in the entertainment industry.

If you don't like them then I suggest that you stop buying movies/tickets etc.

Well that is my opinion, I stated it, and I managed to do it without making any personal attacks on other posters. I appreciate your opinion on the matter. Keep up the good work.

Back to the topic, I really don't understand why apple is pushing Siri so hard, when it is really the weakest part of the iPhone's game. When I bought my 4S, it was not for Siri at all. These commercials seem like a total miss to me. If they are working, I am clearly not the target demo.

admanimal
Jul 24, 2012, 02:23 AM
If they are working, I am clearly not the target demo.

I'm guessing Apple is aware that folks who hang out on Apple-centric internet message boards are not likely to make their buying decisions based on TV commercials.

bushido
Jul 24, 2012, 03:15 AM
the voice of siri sounds so annoyed. i always feel like "omg sry for even asking u to do anything"

Jeaz
Jul 24, 2012, 04:32 AM

Well, if they have a properly scheduled event with attendees, they would get notified of the change via e-mail/Calendar app.

mabaker
Jul 24, 2012, 06:21 AM

Poorly received by whom? Geeks that love Android? Apple fans that love to disseminate every thing Apple does?

Judging by the youtube views the vast majority of people love it. Poeple love simplicity and this is exactly what it is.

Snookerman
Jul 24, 2012, 06:31 AM
Good point. The SIRIs should communicate.

vtstarck
Jul 24, 2012, 06:56 AM
My guess is we see a Siri commercial featuring Kobe/Lebron/A-Rod (insert famous athlete here) asking for sports scores once iOS 6 is released.

bwillwall
Jul 24, 2012, 07:49 AM

When I'm on wifi siri answers instantly most of the time.

i.mac
Jul 24, 2012, 07:56 AM

Who cares? He is Martin Scorsese.

boronathan
Jul 24, 2012, 08:02 AM
the voice of siri sounds so annoyed. i always feel like "omg sry for even asking u to do anything"

Lol yes, Google now voice does sound more natural imo. Well as natural as a computerized voice could sound! :)

mrgraff
Jul 24, 2012, 08:38 AM
A shame that some of you guys have broken phones. I added some appointments to my calendar, copied the commercial, and had no problems getting the same responses.

----------

My guess is we see a Siri commercial featuring Kobe/Lebron/A-Rod (insert famous athlete here) asking for sports scores once iOS 6 is released.

Or how about: a guy at the game waiting so long on a restroom or concessions line, that he uses Siri to update him on the game that he's missing.

macnerd93
Jul 24, 2012, 09:15 AM
If only siri actually DID work that way....It's a feature I very rarely use now..It's so crippled in the UK that it's pointless.

Hopefully, the extended coverage promised for IOS6 will actually make it useful. Funny ad though!

it works for me fine in iOS 6 in the UK. Its now actually useful in England.

axual
Jul 24, 2012, 09:28 AM
These commercials are not effective at all ... I don't need Hollywood elites blabbering into an iPhone to get the message across.

Apple, the product will sell itself ... let it.

Navdakilla
Jul 24, 2012, 09:37 AM
Hopefully when iOS 6 rolls out in Canada i'll be able to do this too. (I have it disabled right now because it's useless to me)

oakiegu007
Jul 24, 2012, 12:34 PM
Complaining that this commercial is "for the masses" is just as elitist as the actors in the commercial :)

You can't brag about how Apple is the greatest and how they're crushing their competitors and then complain that their campaign is "for the masses". It's one or the other. Edgy, unique snowflake, or technology that is meant for everyone to be able to use and own.

Fraaaa
Jul 24, 2012, 01:03 PM
but deceiving nonetheless. These ads create an impression that one can really have a conversation with Siri. The truth, of course, is that these 4 questions and a dozen words featured in the commercial is about all Siri can do. To create an illusion of a conversation the actors talk mostly to themselves. After receiving an answer from Siri (in real life they would not get any but that's another story) they say phrases not intended for Siri.

When is the last time that you saw a commercial that reflects reality?

I know the limits of SIRI, maybe other consumer can get deceived I give you that. But these are more original and entertaining than other smartphone manufacturer.

I saw a Nokia ad, and what they show was adjusting tiles on the WP7(or 8?) metro interface. 5 years late to the party, and they cannot show a single feature to engage customers.

Samsung ad a while back was a massive parade where the phone wasn't even shown. How cool is that?

mrxak
Jul 24, 2012, 02:40 PM

The ads have been very well received, actually.

severe
Jul 24, 2012, 03:01 PM
Great commercial. Nice to see brilliant minds working together.

mrxak
Jul 24, 2012, 03:11 PM

She's got a bit of an attitude. I like it. Makes her less robotic.

lilo777
Jul 24, 2012, 09:29 PM
When is the last time that you saw a commercial that reflects reality?

I know the limits of SIRI, maybe other consumer can get deceived I give you that. But these are more original and entertaining than other smartphone manufacturer.

I saw a Nokia ad, and what they show was adjusting tiles on the WP7(or 8?) metro interface. 5 years late to the party, and they cannot show a single feature to engage customers.

Samsung ad a while back was a massive parade where the phone wasn't even shown. How cool is that?

I think you answered your own question. Is Nokia commercial deceiving in any way?

jowie
Jul 25, 2012, 03:52 AM

Siri UK = iTunes Ping

----------

did. not. know. that.

mind blown :)

What if the calendar request was created using Google Calendar? It seems to be what everyone else uses.

Bezetos
Jul 25, 2012, 07:14 AM

Yeah, cause Jobs had so much to do with the ads before he passed away... :rolleyes:

Bezetos
Jul 25, 2012, 07:34 AM

It's not "Siri" who's sending that update, this was happening even before Siri was introduced to the iPhone and is a pretty standard feature of every calendar app out there.

----------

Someone should make a realistic remake of this ad:

"Ah, OK. Move my 4 o'clock today to tomorrow."
*chime*
"Do you want me to Google for Air Hockey move for a clock today to tomorrow?"

Bezetos
Jul 25, 2012, 07:50 AM
it works for me fine in iOS 6 in the UK. Its now actually useful in England.
I've tested iOS6 and the performance was the same as before (i.e. terrible), although I think the recognition engine works a tiny bit better.

macnerd93
Jul 25, 2012, 08:05 AM
I've tested iOS6 and the performance was the same as before (i.e. terrible), although I think the recognition engine works a tiny bit better.

not sure what you mean about performance. iOS 6 beta 3 is running flawless on my 4S & iPad 2. I was talking about Siri integration and how its now actually useful for users in the UK in terms of showing locations and mapping data in the UK. I asked it about restaurants and the nearest lock smith etc. worked fine for me same as how the US has had siri for some time now.

Nomadski
Jul 25, 2012, 08:08 AM
Aside from everything looking remarkably clean for NYC,
What the hell kind of cab is that they put in there? Pretty snazzy.

That looks like Borgnines taxi from Escape From New York lol.

Bezetos
Jul 25, 2012, 08:43 AM
not sure what you mean about performance. iOS 6 beta 3 is running flawless on my 4S & iPad 2. I was talking about Siri integration and how its now actually useful for users in the UK in terms of showing locations and mapping data in the UK. I asked it about restaurants and the nearest lock smith etc. worked fine for me same as how the US has had siri for some time now.

Performance of the voice recognition engine (accuracy & speed).

zoetmb
Jul 25, 2012, 09:08 AM

Yes, because it's the marketing department that is creating and manufacturing the new iPhone. So when they create an ad for the iPhone 4s, it's getting in the way of Apple releasing the new iPhone. Right.

I love it when people post who have absolutely no idea how business actually works. Besides, even if Apple's warehouses were already filled with new model phones, I still don't think they'd release it any sooner than originally planned.

zoetmb
Jul 25, 2012, 09:21 AM
Ugh, Apple commercials are bland and cheesy for the masses these days.

I miss the edgier commercials like with the glassy-eyed Ellen Feis who was high on...erm, "Benadryl".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2-UuIEOcss

You think an ad with Martin Scorsese is for the masses? I'd bet at least 65% of Americans have no idea who he is. (Of course, according to a 2010 Pew Research report, 41% of Americans couldn't name the Vice-President, but that's besides the point.) The biggest domestic gross Scorsese ever achieved was for "The Departed" and that was only $132 million. Out of 24 movies, only 3 have broken $100 million.

The ad is based around Scorsese's nervous, hyperactive personality. It's only funny if you already know he has that personality. Most definitely not geared towards the masses.

I would love to see a survey on how many viewers think it's just some nervous old guy and how many know it's "film director" Martin Scorsese.

Furifo
Jul 25, 2012, 11:15 AM
Yes, because it's the marketing department that is creating and manufacturing the new iPhone. So when they create an ad for the iPhone 4s, it's getting in the way of Apple releasing the new iPhone. Right.

I love it when people post who have absolutely no idea how business actually works. Besides, even if Apple's warehouses were already filled with new model phones, I still don't think they'd release it any sooner than originally planned.

My post was never intended to be serious.

The iPhone forum, judging by the number of people viewing it, seems to be the most active forum. I assumed that the release of the new iPhone is probably on most peoples minds right now and thought I'd make a light hearted joke about it.

I seriously didn't think people would be narrow minded enough to actually assume that I thought everybody working at Apple, including their marketing department and Tim Cook himself should be running around in a factory trying to mass produce their new product.

Apologies for any confusion I caused you to have.

smoledman
Jul 25, 2012, 11:25 AM
Honestly according to user reviews Siri is a 50/50 proposition. So Apple needs to put out these celebrity ads to cover that up. I will never ever buy a product because some celebrity endorsed it.

imola.zhp
Jul 25, 2012, 04:35 PM
If siri turns me into someone that continuously converses with their phone, I don't want it...

Plus, the battery would probably be dead in an hour...

Mad Mac
Jul 25, 2012, 10:43 PM
Interesting that the main advertised selling point for the current iPhone is Siri. A *beta* product. And one that doesn't work so well in real life usage. Go figure.