PDA

View Full Version : What time??

techguy20
Jul 24, 2012, 07:05 AM
So I'm trying to figure out whether I should stay up until ~3am to get ML.

Does anybody know what time Apple released Lion when it came out? I would assume it would be somewhere around 12am PDT, but does anybody know for sure?

Simplicated
Jul 24, 2012, 07:08 AM
Do you really have to stay up all night to get it first-hand? :rolleyes: There's no lines to wait in. I can't think of a reason to do that.

maflynn
Jul 24, 2012, 07:08 AM
why stay up, for something that may or may not occur. I mean its not like you need to wait in line. When its available get it, its a digital download. Get some sleep and purchase it when its available.

nyolc8
Jul 24, 2012, 07:15 AM
wow... stay up... :rolleyes::D

danb77
Jul 24, 2012, 07:26 AM
They haven't even announced it yet! Given that it is already 25th July in New Zealand, might that be a hint that it isn't coming?

garethjs
Jul 24, 2012, 07:30 AM
might that be a hint that it isn't coming?

Or that there is at least another 23hrs left of the day... It's not coming out till at least the conference financial call at 2pm PT.

And then I don't see it coming out before the apple stores close at which point they will update all over to ML.

So we're talking sometime around 4~5am PT.

KJmoon117
Jul 24, 2012, 07:32 AM
Any chance it might come on a 10AM Tuesday? :):):)

Sylon
Jul 24, 2012, 07:34 AM
They haven't even announced it yet! Given that it is already 25th July in New Zealand, might that be a hint that it isn't coming?

Well considering it's not the 25th in Cupertino, I think that might be a hint to we should just sit tight and see what happens.

I'm not saying it is or isn't coming on the 25th, just that your time in NZ means nothing to Apple in Cupertino, CA.

ptopto
Jul 24, 2012, 07:38 AM
Based on Lion, Mountain Lion will be available at 8:30 EDT tomorrow. Last year it was announced on Tuesday and available on Wednesday.

Here is last year’s MacRumors article on the Lion launch (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/20/apple-launches-os-x-lion-via-mac-app-store/)

keaide
Jul 24, 2012, 07:55 AM
Stay up! Absolutely! How could anyone want to miss that magical moment of reloading the Mac App Store and getting that fresh, new-born, just-awakened, untouched, virgin Mountain Lion banner painted on the screen.

Nothing more important than that... that's for sure...

Funkenstein
Jul 24, 2012, 08:17 AM
Stay up! Absolutely! How could anyone want to miss that magical moment of reloading the Mac App Store and getting that fresh, new-born, just-awakened, untouched, virgin Mountain Lion banner painted on the screen.

Nothing more important than that... that's for sure...

That last bit got me laughing.

garethjs
Jul 24, 2012, 08:21 AM
Based on the article ptopto posted I was right, earliest 5am PT.

user418
Jul 24, 2012, 08:21 AM
Wow......there's more to life than Apple releases and updates. Get some sleep, if it's released the download will be there whenever you wake up.

heisenberg123
Jul 24, 2012, 08:28 AM
Wow......there's more to life than Apple releases and updates. Get some sleep, if it's released the download will be there whenever you wake up.

nope if you dont get it within the first 5 minutes of launch you will have to wait 3-5 weeks for delivery :D

cmdrmac
Jul 24, 2012, 09:09 AM
nope if you dont get it within the first 5 minutes of launch you will have to wait 3-5 weeks for delivery :D

I must be the first one to download the file! If not, all hope will be lost.

Sylon
Jul 24, 2012, 09:50 AM
Maybe he just wants to be the first of 23 people to make a new thread saying ML went live.

techguy20
Jul 24, 2012, 11:23 PM
LOL... thanks for the replies everybody! :D

I'm going to sleep now, and I am going to download it when I wake up.

Even if the servers are real busy, it's okay because I'll let it download while I'm at work and then install later in the afternoon.

See y'all on the 10.8 side! :apple: